• The KillerFrogs

OT- More Stupidity From TCU

YA

This seems to be the go to defense from the left these days

We also are seeing it in regards to the reaction to the San Francisco gay choir and their song about going after kids

"WHY DO YOU EVEN CARE? WHY DO YOU EVEN NOTICE SUCH THINGS? STOP NOTICING THESE THINGS GOSH"

Also saw that defense in regards to BLM rioters. The left got angry that we noticed the rioters.
Going after the kids!! Laughter and SMH--they were trolling people like you to make a big deal out of it since it was a joke.

YA

That is more of an issue that TCU does not have a strong independent alumni association. The entire alumni association, magazine, etc are just run by the university. I wish TCU alumni association was a separate organization with outside perspective.
baylor did that and it was a freaking disaster. They finally corrected that and be glad TCU did not go this route

Endless Purple

I would be curious as to how much carries over to other industrialized nations. It does not seem to be an issue in third world countries, but I have not researched it.

I see this mostly as a cry out by younger generations (mostly) as they need to form a way to identify themselves as part of a group while trying to create an artificial individual for that group. It has somehow become evil to be in a majority group (the more majority group membership the worse it is), even though most people are in both in some form. While there are some very valid issues that need to be taken into consideration (gay bashing for example is a severe problem) this is becoming too broad and going beyond the issues and more about other issues being brought out as this form.

Not to mention, no one seems to consider what it is to be human. For example: Humans create first impressions just like pretty much every other living creature on the planet. Males and females have different muscle structures. Etc..

A bubble is forming that will create a lot more hate than it solves until the human aspect is removed and the underlying social structures reconciled.

Endless Purple

The photo thing is not surprising in the least. As I mentioned in several baseball threads, a conservative faculty member told me the reason baseball capacity was limited all season was almost solely due to liberal faculty basically threatening to revolt if TCU didn’t continue to treat COVID like Ebola.

I believe this. There are many in the field that have done nothing but teach their whole lives and have not experienced other perspectives or more importantly how to determine repercussions of certain decisions or how to pay for certain decisions. It is not all professors, but a lot of them.

LisaLT

You don't have to worry about pronouns if you don't remember anyone's name and just call everyone "hey you."

Follow me for more teaching tips.
haha i was just thinking that. "hey you" - the perfect catch all phrase for addressing anyone. works every time!

Ray Finkle

If I had a kid looking at college right now, I would give Liberty a hard look. It’s looking to be one of the last conservative institutions left in this country and has an athletic program that continues to progress.

tcumaniac

After 40+ years of annual donations, I, too, will no longer give a cent to TCU. I'm ashamed of what this university has become. It makes me sad.
The sad part is that I don't think TCU really seems to care. Their smugness and arrogance in regards to the way they think of themselves has become clear. And for now, there's enough out of state money flowing in that it doesn't really matter to them when long time donors peace out.

I wonder though, how much of this out of state demand is driven by parents that want their kids to have an elite private school experience while still maintaining some semblance of sanity and relatively conservative or moderate values. I may be way off, but to me that used to be some of the charm and appeal of TCU. TCU doesn't have the academic prestige of the Vanderbilts, USCs, Wake Forests, etc. of the world, but it offered a phenomenal education on a beautiful campus with elite D1 sports in a relatively conservative TX city with relatively conservative values. Now we're nothing but a bunch of woke wanna-bes with a less prestigious academic reputation. There's nothing unique or special about us anymore. We're becoming an overpriced, tier 2, leftist indoctrination factory.

tcumaniac

If I had a kid looking at college right now, I would give Liberty a hard look. It’s looking to be one of the last conservative institutions left in this country and has an athletic program that continues to progress.
If you you wanted to stay in DFW, DBU would be worth a look. And they can kick our ass in baseball too.

Frog-in-law1995

Yep, pedophilia, so funny, so funny to joke about pedophilia. We could all use a good laugh. What a great subject to joke around about.

Had to google the video, but if you think they were talking about pedophilia in that song, you completely missed the point.

RoyaltyWorePurple

How in the scheiss has this gotten to 6 pages? Where is the ban hammer on this thread?

I swear if the internet was around in the 60s most people would be pretty ashamed of what their grandparents and great grandparents would have typed.