• The KillerFrogs

OT- More Stupidity From TCU

tcumaniac

I'm sure many of y'all will find this petty and not worth posting about, but I personally found it so ridiculously stupid that TCU deserves to be called out publicly.

For as long as I can remember, it's been a fun tradition to get your wedding picture published in TCU Magazine with all of your TCU friends doing the "go frogs" hand sign, especially if you marry a fellow Horned Frog. I know my wife and I had our picture published with all the TCU alumni that attended our wedding, and we still have a copy of that magazine at our house.

My friend from TCU got married this past year and has a really cool picture with her, her husband, their tcu wedding guests, and super frog who made an appearance.

HOWEVER, TCU Magazine refuses to publish the picture because the wedding "coincided with the pandemic." How scheissing stupid is that? Just mind numbing. Shame on you TCU Magazine and all those involved with your idiocy.

Eight

I'm sure many of y'all will find this petty and not worth posting about, but I personally found it so ridiculously stupid that TCU deserves to be called out publicly.

For as long as I can remember, it's been a fun tradition to get your wedding picture published in TCU Magazine with all of your TCU friends doing the "go frogs" hand sign, especially if you marry a fellow Horned Frog. I know my wife and I had our picture published with all the TCU alumni that attended our wedding, and we still have a copy of that magazine at our house.

My friend from TCU got married this past year and has a really cool picture with her, her husband, their tcu wedding guests, and super frog who made an appearance.

HOWEVER, TCU Magazine refuses to publish the picture because the wedding "coincided with the pandemic." How scheissing stupid is that? Just mind numbing. Shame on you TCU Magazine and all those involved with your idiocy.

going to ask a very stupid question, but why would the wedding coinciding with the pandemic matter?

additionally, who made the decision?

Wexahu

going to ask a very stupid question, but why would the wedding coinciding with the pandemic matter?

additionally, who made the decision?

I'm sure because anyone who would have the gall to have a wedding in the past year where they actually invited people and stood close by each other and didn't wear masks and otherwise acted like normal human beings wasn't being a good frog sheep.

Eight

I would imagine because a wedding implies that people were not socially distancing. If this is the case this is sad and disappointing that they will not publish the photo.

been attending church with crowds for months without masks, have been eating in restaurants for months without masks, have been going into stores for months without masks and attended events with crowds.

if whomever made this decision is so worried about the any blowback from such a picture i truly feel sorry for them and truly hope their decision does not align with the administration of the school

NavySupplyFrog

been attending church with crowds for months without masks, have been eating in restaurants for months without masks, have been going into stores for months without masks and attended events with crowds.

if whomever made this decision is so worried about the any blowback from such a picture i truly feel sorry for them and truly hope their decision does not align with the administration of the school

Completely agree. I have been in the office with 100% of my military coworkers and 90% of our civilian coworkers since May of last year and we virtually never wore masks unless it was a building not associated with my command. We had exactly 0 cases spread at work.

tcumaniac

Unrelated, but more stupidity:

TCU and our dean of admissions, Heath Einstein, hosted a video seminar last night for prospective students providing them advice for the application process. All of the TCU staff had their "preferred pronouns" next to their names.

Dozens of questions were being asked, and I sarcastically trolled them by asking "Should I make sure to include my pronouns in my application essay?" and Heath acted as if he couldn't have been more thrilled by my question and literally chose it as the first question that was addressed. We are living in a clown world. Sadly finding myself less proud to be a Frog all the time.

209886124_10218979581909884_9092077365630938544_n.jpg

tcumaniac

once i find out from maniac who told the couple the magazine would not post the picture and the why i feel the need to write a tersely worded letter
The girl is pretty well connected at TCU and sits on the young alumni board. She apparently threw a pretty big fit about this and it was taken up pretty high in the chain of command and TCU still ultimately refused to publish it.

Eight

The girl is pretty well connected at TCU and sits on the young alumni board. She apparently threw a pretty big fit about this and it was taken up pretty high in the chain of command and TCU still ultimately refused to publish it.

what i am hearing (reading) is that this decision was made above the position of editor of the magazine and that this decision is reflective of tcu's administration being concerned about how this would be portrayed

tcumaniac

what i am hearing (reading) is that this decision was made about the position of editor of the magazine and that this decision is reflective of tcu's administration being concerned about how this would be portrayed
From what I was able to infer based on what I was told, this is exactly correct.

LisaLT

TCU and our dean of admissions, Heath Einstein, hosted a video seminar last night for prospective students providing them advice for the application process. All of the TCU staff had their "preferred pronouns" next to their names.

Dozens of questions were being asked, and I sarcastically trolled them by asking "Should I make sure to include my pronouns in my application essay?" and Heath acted as if he couldn't have been more thrilled by my question and literally chose it as the first question that was addressed. We are living in a clown world. Sadly finding myself less proud to be a Frog all the time.

wow. This does seem a bit odd. How did the pronoun thing become such a "thing" to the extent that we all need to identify ourselves like this? I don't get it.

wow

CryptoMiner

Wow trolling the admissions seminar...

You got them alright!

CryptoMiner

wow. This does seem a bit odd. How did the pronoun thing become such a "thing" to the extent that we all need to identify ourselves like this? I don't get it.

Wife is a prof at a state U and it is a huge thing now. She has had several students this past year who identify as "they." It took her a while but eventually was able use the pronoun consistently. I told her to use the persons name as much as possible until she got it down.

Not sure why anyone has an issue with this.