• The KillerFrogs

OT- More Stupidity From TCU

Paint It Purple

It’s pretty obvious that many, including in this thread, are doing just that. I’m pretty much done but for some remaining sports interests. But another lame football season and I’ll probably be done there as well. Not the place I went to school or am really all that proud to be associated with.
I disassociated myself from my beloved TCU once for about 11-12 years. Had my reasons then and may now. Don’t doubt that others can. My guess though is that TCU powers have calculated this risk and are willing to take it.

tcudoc

Acceptance Rate By Year
  • 2016-2017: 37.6%
  • 2017-2018: 41.1%
  • 2018-2019: 40.7%
  • 2019-2020: 47.2%
  • Projected TCU Acceptance Rate 2021-2022: 40.0%
The acceptance rate for TCU is twenty percent lower than the national average of all colleges which is around 56.7%.

Nearby Similar College Acceptance Rates
School Acceptance Rate
Southern Methodist University 47.3%
Texas Woman's University 93.2%
Tarleton State University 55.8%
Baylor University 45.3%
Acceptance rate looks, by your numbers, to be ~9.5% below national average. Slightly worse than Baylor. Not 20%. Not sure where you got the 20% number.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
My guess though is that TCU powers have calculated this risk and are willing to take it.
This.

They have chosen their path, and they are free to walk it. Since they hold me and my views in evident contempt, they can do so without my aid. I am saddened by this, as I loved what the place once was, but it is no longer. A deep ugliness has taken slow but inexorable hold on the place and it will never release it's grip.

YA

Acceptance rate looks, by your numbers, to be ~9.5% below national average. Slightly worse than Baylor. Not 20%. Not sure where you got the 20% number.
I just posted the articles language with the link--so they mistyped the #'s

LisaLT

Folks,

American society survived the great Miss or Ms or Mrs language kerfuffle.

This one shall pass, too.

VOCABULARY-Miss.png
I prefer Mademoiselle, si vous plait.

merci.

Double V

Unspecified gender because not referring to a specific person. Not the gender fluidity and other PC BS that is currently highjacking our language.

3d below is recent and [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] IMO. There are only two sexes. You can identify as a nonbinary giraffe if you want but you either have an outie or an innie and therefore a corresponding pronoun.

Your welcome.

Definition of they

1: those ones : those people, animals, or thingsThey dance well.What do they want to do?They aren't as popular as they once were.
2—used to refer to people in a general way or to a group of people who are not specifiedYou know what they say.People can do what they want.They say the trial could go on for weeks.He's as lazy as they come.
3a—used with a singular indefinite pronoun antecedentNo one has to go if they don't want to.Everyone knew where they stood …— E. L. Doctorow
b—used with a singular antecedent to refer to an unknown or unspecified personAn employee with a grievance can file a complaint if they need to.The person who answered the phone said they didn't know where she was.
c—used to refer to a single person whose gender is intentionally not revealedA student was found with a knife and a BB gun in their backpack Monday, district spokeswoman Renee Murphy confirmed. The student, whose name has not been released, will be disciplined according to district policies, Murphy said. They also face charges from outside law enforcement, she said.— Olivia Krauth
d—used to refer to a single person whose gender identity is nonbinary (see NONBINARY sense c)I knew certain things about … the person I was interviewing.… They had adopted their gender-neutral name a few years ago, when they began to consciously identify as nonbinary—that is, neither male nor female. They were in their late 20s, working as an event planner, applying to graduate school.— Amy Harmon

3d is recent and [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] IMO. Until very recently "they" was used where gender was indefinite because you were not referring to a specific person. Not the gender fluidity and other PC BS that has highjacked our language.

*You're

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I prefer Mademoiselle, si vous plait.

merci.
I prefer Commander. ;)

In the Navy, I rarely felt any discrimination. One old grizzled Chief Warrant Officer on my carrier obviously didn't like women on ships, but I figured he had one foot in retirement, so I just ignored him. And harmless office flirtations never bothered me. In fact, they broke up otherwise stressful or boring days. I guess I have a different perspective on what's really important in life.

FinanceFrog

I prefer Commander. ;)

In the Navy, I rarely felt any discrimination. One old grizzled Chief Warrant Officer on my carrier obviously didn't like women on ships, but I figured he had one foot in retirement, so I just ignored him. And harmless office flirtations never bothered me. In fact, they broke up otherwise stressful or boring days. I guess I have a different perspective on what's really important in life.

how do you feel about online flirtations sweetie?

Paint It Purple

I prefer Commander. ;)

They should make a movie about you. I wonder if Kenny Loggins is still available for the soundtrack?

frogs9497

The sad part is that I don't think TCU really seems to care. Their smugness and arrogance in regards to the way they think of themselves has become clear. And for now, there's enough out of state money flowing in that it doesn't really matter to them when long time donors peace out.

I wonder though, how much of this out of state demand is driven by parents that want their kids to have an elite private school experience while still maintaining some semblance of sanity and relatively conservative or moderate values. I may be way off, but to me that used to be some of the charm and appeal of TCU. TCU doesn't have the academic prestige of the Vanderbilts, USCs, Wake Forests, etc. of the world, but it offered a phenomenal education on a beautiful campus with elite D1 sports in a relatively conservative TX city with relatively conservative values. Now we're nothing but a bunch of woke wanna-bes with a less prestigious academic reputation. There's nothing unique or special about us anymore. We're becoming an overpriced, tier 2, leftist indoctrination factory.

You’re gonna have to trade in your screen name.

Paint It Purple

I prefer Commander. ;)

Everyone in the history of the world has been discriminated against, picked on, made fun of, ridiculed, etc. It's how you were taught by your parents and the adults to deal with it. I jest, but this crap is the result of "Fun, Fair Soccer and trophies for everyone. Come to think of it, this is soccer's fault period. Freaking communist sport.