• The KillerFrogs

Possible Incoming Basketball Transfers

Portland Frog

Can someone give a recap on how many spots are left and who is signed? I'm curious to know how many bodies the frogs will have on the floor in 2019/2020.

Eight

Can someone give a recap on how many spots are left and who is signed? I'm curious to know how many bodies the frogs will have on the floor in 2019/2020.

roster projects this way:

desmond bane sr. g 6'5" 15.2 ppg/ 5.7 rpg/ 42.5% 3pt

kendric davis so. g 5' 11" 6.3 ppg/ 1.7 rpg
lat mayen so. f 6' 9" 2.1 ppg/ 1.2 rpg
r.j. nembhard so. g 6' 4" 4.4 ppg/ 2.1 rpg
kevin samuel so. c 6' 11 7.4 ppg/ 6.9 rpg / 77 blocks

russell barlow fr-rs c 6' 10" 0.3 ppg / 1.0 rpg

franciso farabelo fr. g 6' 1'
p.j. fuller fr. g. 6' 4"
mickey pearson jr. fr. 6' 8"
diante smith fr. 6' 6"

tranfers:
kevin easley jr. so. f 6' 6" 14.2 ppg / 6.7 rpg / 39.7 3pt
jaedon ledee so. f. 6' 9" 3.0 ppg / 1.7 rpg
keonte kennedy so. g 6' 5"

that is 13 players who project to the roster next year.

bane and samuel both have placed their names in the nba draft, but that doesn't mean they can't or won't return for next year. some on here have mentioned that it is rumored that bane is not coming back regardless of if he is taken in the nba draft or not.

when you look at the numbers that would be a bad thing for a number of reasons.

as i mentioned before the elephant in the room is when you have a roster that projects to 13 and the staff is out recruiting as hard as they are right now for next year they have a pretty good feel someone isn't coming back from that group above, but until it happens we will have to wait and watch.

the other thing to note right now is easley, ledee and kennedy all will have to sit out next year unless they get a waiver.

some here have mentioned the football appeals, but i don't recall seeing that same increased latitude with recent basketball transfers. i could be wrong and hope that is the case or the frogs are going into the season with a short bench in the front court.

FrogPreacher

roster projects this way:

desmond bane sr. g 6'5" 15.2 ppg/ 5.7 rpg/ 42.5% 3pt

kendric davis so. g 5' 11" 6.3 ppg/ 1.7 rpg
lat mayen so. f 6' 9" 2.1 ppg/ 1.2 rpg
r.j. nembhard so. g 6' 4" 4.4 ppg/ 2.1 rpg
kevin samuel so. c 6' 11 7.4 ppg/ 6.9 rpg / 77 blocks

russell barlow fr-rs c 6' 10" 0.3 ppg / 1.0 rpg

franciso farabelo fr. g 6' 1'
p.j. fuller fr. g. 6' 4"
mickey pearson jr. fr. 6' 8"
diante smith fr. 6' 6"

tranfers:
kevin easley jr. so. f 6' 6" 14.2 ppg / 6.7 rpg / 39.7 3pt
jaedon ledee so. f. 6' 9" 3.0 ppg / 1.7 rpg
keonte kennedy so. g 6' 5"

that is 13 players who project to the roster next year.

bane and samuel both have placed their names in the nba draft, but that doesn't mean they can't or won't return for next year. some on here have mentioned that it is rumored that bane is not coming back regardless of if he is taken in the nba draft or not.

when you look at the numbers that would be a bad thing for a number of reasons.

as i mentioned before the elephant in the room is when you have a roster that projects to 13 and the staff is out recruiting as hard as they are right now for next year they have a pretty good feel someone isn't coming back from that group above, but until it happens we will have to wait and watch.

the other thing to note right now is easley, ledee and kennedy all will have to sit out next year unless they get a waiver.

some here have mentioned the football appeals, but i don't recall seeing that same increased latitude with recent basketball transfers. i could be wrong and hope that is the case or the frogs are going into the season with a short bench in the front court.
What about Aschieris & Arnette? Do we figure that Aschieris will no longer be on scholarship and I presume Arnette is a walk-on?

Eight

What about Aschieris & Arnette? Do we figure that Aschieris will no longer be on scholarship and I presume Arnette is a walk-on?

both started the year as walk-on's and i would presume that aschieris was only on a one year scholarship.

i don't know the restrictions on the number of walk-on's allowed on the roster and have no clue on their future on the roster. arnette red-shirted last year and ashieris played less than 20 minutes.

FrogPreacher

both started the year as walk-on's and i would presume that aschieris was only on a one year scholarship.

i don't know the restrictions on the number of walk-on's allowed on the roster and have no clue on their future on the roster. arnette red-shirted last year and ashieris played less than 20 minutes.
From what I have read you can have 15 people on the roster. Limit of 13 on scholarship and 2 walk-on's.

Mavsman53

Forward Kevin Cross from Mills HS in Little Rock, Arkansas visited recently. He is listed at 6'8 240 and is considered an elite defensive player, averaging almost 7 blocks per game last year.

Mavsman53

Bane, Samuel and Noi were NOT invited to the NBA Combine, nor were they invited to the G-League Combine. Bane was invited to the professional basketball combine (did not know there was such a thing) which is May 21-22. No word on if Samuel or Noi received the same invite.

Eight

Bane, Samuel and Noi were NOT invited to the NBA Combine, nor were they invited to the G-League Combine. Bane was invited to the professional basketball combine (did not know there was such a thing) which is May 21-22. No word on if Samuel or Noi received the same invite.

thanks for the information.

if you are samuel unless you really don't want to play school get ready to head back to ft worth.

if you are bane unless you really need the money and want to learn about foreign exchange rates time to head back to ft worth.

Atomic Frawg

#notcommited lol, comes off kind of negative but I get his point
Looks odd, but he put it on other places he's visited, too. Probably would be better served by putting the ol', "Had a great visit at "Whatever U' today!" instead. But at least he smiled in our pics...other school's, not so much. lol