• The KillerFrogs

Dixon?

Froggish

Dixon is Dixon...Hes a good coach but far from great. He’s no doubt a hell of lot better then anyone we’ve had around here in 20+ years. Throughout his career he’s gotten his team dancing very consistently. He knows how to do that and that’s one of the big reasons we needed him. At the same time, over the last 10 years his teams are always typically middle of the pack basketball teams that struggle offensively. The reality is the team we have this year is a pretty typical Dixon squad..He’s now 22-32 in conference play but we are dancing..I think that’s kind of what we bought with him..Truthfully, it may be frustration at times but I’ll take it..If we are going to contend for an actual title he’ll need to recruit much better

Moose Stuff

Dixon is Dixon...Hes a good coach but far from great. He’s no doubt a hell of lot better then anyone we’ve had around here in 20+ years. Throughout his career he’s gotten his team dancing very consistently. He knows how to do that and that’s one of the big reasons we needed him. At the same time, over the last 10 years his teams are always typically middle of the pack basketball teams that struggle offensively. The reality is the team we have this year is a pretty typical Dixon squad..He’s now 22-32 in conference play but we are dancing..I think that’s kind of what we bought with him..Truthfully, it may be frustration at times but I’ll take it..If we are going to contend for an actual title he’ll need to recruit much better

I’m too lazy to count the actual record but when the previous 4 years result in a conference record of something like 10-60 we should be treating 22-32 like the near miracle that it is.

Froggish

Imagine Kansas football suddenly going 6-6, then 8-4, then 7-5 over the next 3 years.

That's basically what Jamie Dixon has done with this basketball program.
I get your point but it’s also true that the resources and recruiting ground of DFW are the real differences between KS and TCU....We should have never been as down as we have been over the last few decades..There’s really no excuse for basketball to have been where it was..Dixon has turned us around and that’s exciting

King of Fun

Still won. Probably dancing again. He is building the foundation for his program. Hopefully we can steal a win this year in the tourney. And it so much fun/agony watching us play ball. Can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow.

JD has been making history here every year. Reminds me of GP and the championship pyramid in football. Upward and onward.
Guess I don't see it. If that's the case, I would think he'd be at least .500 in conference play. If you're building something, that's where you improve. It's been trash since he got here.

CardFrog

Dixon's challenge is as many have pointed out, namely 7 players. That is why TCU can get out quickly but as fouls catch up they need to play much more conservatively as opposed to having a much deeper bench. I for one am very happy to have him back where he belongs and will stand behind him as long as he is here. K State is beatable.

CountryFrog

I get your point but it’s also true that the resources and recruiting ground of DFW are the real differences between KS and TCU....We should have never been as down as we have been over the last few decades..There’s really no excuse for basketball to have been where it was..Dixon has turned us around and that’s exciting
TCU has no history of sustained success in basketball so I don't know why you think we should've never been down. Being in DFW is not that big of an advantage in basketball, where most schools are recruiting regionally and/or nationally and not locally. It's actually probably just as much of a disadvantage being in DFW because basketball has a much smaller following than football and most of the basketball attention in a big city goes to the NBA team.

Just look around the country and name all the colleges having big basketball success in large pro sports cities.

LawFrog504

No one with a brain would argue that JD hasn't done great things for us. Greatly improved the status of the program from terrible to respectable.

For those who want to continue ascending, I feel, based on JD's past teams/record, we may be who we are. He'll always have us competitive but will never win a natty/Final Four team. We haven't shown any ability to contend near the top of this conference thus far.

Really hope the new influx of talent, his guys from DFW that we should've always been targeting, raises this ceiling.