• The KillerFrogs

Dixon?

Pharm Frog

Beard on the hot seat. Good coaches don’t let their #2 seeded team fall to the last ranked team. He’s got to go. Can’t get a win over a poor team despite having the player of the year. Horrible coaching. TTU’s stock is falling.

LawFrog504

Tech football is below .500 all time in the Big 12. I agree that our basketball team should be better than Tech football but considering where we were it will take time.
What the absolute hell does Tech football have to do with JD's first 3 years as TCU basketball coach?

LawFrog504

LMAO, Chris Beard made the elite 8 in his second year and is co-champs of the conference in a far inferior talent pool. Not to mention he orchestrated 3 drummings of us in the past year. Relax

netty2424

It's hard to read this post and not sense hints of insanity. Good lord man, there's 2 continents of land between what he said and what you just concluded from it. Get a grip
Or you can go scheiss yourself. The guy has done nothing but attack Dixon and this program on this board. He’s a troll.

netty2424

LMAO, Chris Beard made the elite 8 in his second year and is co-champs of the conference in a far inferior talent pool. Not to mention he orchestrated 3 drummings of us in the past year. Relax
What exactly is his “talent pool?” And FWIW the Big 12 player of the year is from Coronado High School. Let me help you, that’s in Lubbock.

4th. down

Going forward - Believe Bane only senior next year and we need senior leadership bad. i would prefer Jamie not sign anymore HS players for this recruiting class and concentrate only on Grad Transfers and get 2 point guards and 1 big man for sure. We knew at the time about Kenny Hustle and what he meant to the team as far as leadership goes for a senior and we need that type of leadership going forward. With only Bane as our most experienced player, that doesn't bode well for us.

Eight

Going forward - Believe Bane only senior next year and we need senior leadership bad. i would prefer Jamie not sign anymore HS players for this recruiting class and concentrate only on Grad Transfers and get 2 point guards and 1 big man for sure. We knew at the time about Kenny Hustle and what he meant to the team as far as leadership goes for a senior and we need that type of leadership going forward. With only Bane as our most experienced player, that doesn't bode well for us.

i like the idea of adding a grad transfer, but unless someone else leaves the program frogs don't have 3 scholarships to give and they must bring in at least one big

4th. down

Don’t we lose 6 and only signed 3? Two graduates and 4 transfers.

I see 8 current scholly players coming back. Not counting Aschieris, don't believe his ship will be renewed. It would not surprise me to see 1 of the 8 transfer out or just leave. We need senior leadership bad next season and now, it's only Bane. Focus hard on grad transfer market.......real hard.

Pharm Frog

I see 8 current scholly players coming back. Not counting Aschieris, don't believe his ship will be renewed. It would not surprise me to see 1 of the 8 transfer out or just leave. We need senior leadership bad next season and now, it's only Bane. Focus hard on grad transfer market.......real hard.

I don't see the current value in senior leadership much less hope to import any. I'd take leadership and poise regardless of classification.

4th. down

I don't see the current value in senior leadership much less hope to import any. I'd take leadership and poise regardless of classification.

Agree, leadership can come from any of the players, but normally, it would seem to me that a good Grad Transfer Point would be a starting point. I know this isn't football but it's a competitive team sport, and GP is real BIG on senior leadership, he speaks about it all the time. You have to have someone who says something to the effect of get your act together like we needed when we went 7 minutes at the end without scoring. Effective leadership is huge IMO.

Eight

4th down, i apologize and miscounted last night.

frogs projected roster next year is:

senior (1)
desmond bane (g)

junior (1)
kouat noi (f)

sophomores (4)
kendric davis (g)
lat mayen (f)
rj nembhard (g)
kevin samuel (c)

frosh/soph? (1)
russell barlow (c)

freshmen (3)
francisco farabello (g)
pj fuller (g)
diante smith (f)

10 projected scholarship players with scholarships available for 3 added players

i agree some maturity would be nice to add to the roster and i agree when i look at the point position i agree it is too important a position to not address. think the same thing we saw with football and the frogs taking on a senior transfer at quarterback is very possible at point.

there has to be a balance between developing the young talent and allowing them to compete with doing what is needed to make this team as competitive as possible in a very difficult conference.

likewise they have to get more consistency and size inside. frogs at this time have three projected "bigs" on this roster in lat, barlow, and samuel. lat hasn't stayed healthy for a full year year, barlow looked a very long way from contributing, and samuel has limitations offensive and defensively the farther he gets from the basket.

frogs just can't expect to compete in the big 12 with an undersized front court which also means brining in more bodies.

it will be very interesting to see what happens between the end of this season and next, who stays, if anybody else leaves, and finally who else is added to the roster.

again, sorry 4th down

East Coast

Tier 1
I’m really interested too in a transfer who can play right away and another big. Jamie was dealt a tough hand this year with all the injuries/transfers and a senior point guard who regressed and appeared less than totally receptive to coaching.

Going forward, I still believe we will improve. In today’s world, I expect 1 or 2 eligible players to leave every year. Hoping this year will as an anomaly.

y2kFrog

Not a big fan of jucos or grad transfers. The hit rate is really low and they are not around long enough to build chemistry. Alok was supposed to be the best Juco in the country and he was not good at all. A big man like Hamdy would be the only grad transfer type I see necessary, as big man are tough to develop quickly. There is lots of good high school talent to be found out there. Bane (and Fisher) we’re both late signees and 2 of our better players the last 3 years.

PO Frog

Why would a proven big transfer to TCU? If it's playing time, then he's probably not that great. It's not like in football, where you can at least say you want to come play for a proven winner or more prestigious program. Our basketball program has none of that to offer, so I would think it unlikely we could attract the type of talent I think we need in the transfer market. Going to have to do it the old fashioned way and recruit better.