• The KillerFrogs

Dixon?

Eight

Not a big fan of jucos or grad transfers. The hit rate is really low and they are not around long enough to build chemistry. Alok was supposed to be the best Juco in the country and he was not good at all. A big man like Hamdy would be the only grad transfer type I see necessary, as big man are tough to develop quickly. There is lots of good high school talent to be found out there. Bane (and Fisher) we’re both late signees and 2 of our better players the last 3 years.

i would think one advantage of a grad transfer is you don't have to develop them when it comes to court awareness, adjusting to the college game, etc... and we are not exactly talking something complex

you are talking offensive sets with 4 other players. something that many of these players have been doing for years and hopefully they have been doing with some degree of success in college the past few seasons.

Eight

Why would a proven big transfer to TCU? If it's playing time, then he's probably not that great. It's not like in football, where you can at least say you want to come play for a proven winner or more prestigious program. Our basketball program has none of that to offer, so I would think it unlikely we could attract the type of talent I think we need in the transfer market. Going to have to do it the old fashioned way and recruit better.

there are players out there who are not getting a chance to play who are physically mature and understand the demands on the college game. frogs don't need a guy to come in and put up a double-double each night out, but quality help on the boards, interior defense, and some offensive presence.

right now they have one big that has shown they have that ability over any period of time and that just isn't enough.

i think you stand a better chance finding a grad transfer who can bring physical toughness, size, and athleticism right now than an unsigned high school player from the states.

Farmfrog

Ideally the Frogs get a GT or two, hopefully bigs and go from there. Maybe a juco if only one GT comes in. The need for bigs is pretty big right now so I’m hoping the staff is looking under every rock to find some big guys. In my dream scenario Hampton reclassifies and comes in to be our point next year.

As for Jamie, he gets a pass from me because of all the injuries and defections this year. I believe this season to be an anomaly. Beginning next year when all the players are his guys then I will take a more in depth look at what he is doing and whether his performance should be better.

4th. down

there are players out there who are not getting a chance to play who are physically mature and understand the demands on the college game. frogs don't need a guy to come in and put up a double-double each night out, but quality help on the boards, interior defense, and some offensive presence.

right now they have one big that has shown they have that ability over any period of time and that just isn't enough.

i think you stand a better chance finding a grad transfer who can bring physical toughness, size, and athleticism right now than an unsigned high school player from the states.

Why are people on this forum finding this reasoning so hard to comprehend,
It's obvious, isn't it?

https://www.pressboxdfw.com/dixon-hopes-to-restock-with-transfers/

Last edited:

blueduck313

I don't think UCLA wants to strive to be NIT bound so Dixon will probably not be considered. We are now playing competition that suits this particular team. Hopefully the next few years with better recruiting we can advance above this level. imho

Froggish

I think he’s a great fit at TCU but if he were to leave, I’m confident we’ve made the kind of investment needed to win at a high level