• The KillerFrogs

Dixon?

froginmn

There's not much comparison to building an 85-man football roster to building a 12-man basketball team. Chris Beard didn't inherit a very good team at all and he made the Elite Eight in his 2nd year. Not that's there's an exact comparison there, but it's not unprecedented for a good coach to almost instantly turn around a program. What we did 10, 15, 20 years ago is almost irrelevant considering how much money and resources have been pumped into into the program since then.
Jamie Dixon took a team that went 8-64 in conference to the tournament in two years, so he's an example.

Wexahu

Jamie Dixon took a team that went 8-64 in conference to the tournament in two years, so he's an example.

Exactly right, although again I don’t think what happened in the 5-6 years prior is all that relevant. Hell, we were playing in an off-campus HS gym for a year while simultaneously trying to compete in a far better conference....not the greatest situation for a coach. Dixon has done a good job turning the program around, but what are the expectations going forward? When you watch us play do you see a really well-coached team? All I’m saying is it needs to get better for what he is getting paid.

froginmn

Exactly right, although again I don’t think what happened in the 5-6 years prior is all that relevant. Hell, we were playing in an off-campus HS gym for a year while simultaneously trying to compete in a far better conference....not the greatest situation for a coach. Dixon has done a good job turning the program around, but what are the expectations going forward? When you watch us play do you see a really well-coached team? All I’m saying is it needs to get better for what he is getting paid.
So you don't think the results of four seasons prior to Jamie's arrival are relevant, but you think the gym we played nine conference games in during 2016 is?

I have no idea why you think playing at Schollmaier was such a big handicap for us. We played 9 conference games in regular college arenas and lost them all. We played 9 at Schollmaier and won 2, so we equalled the average results from the previous three years. Our opponents played against us in the same arena with the same floor, same rims, everything.

I think the biggest point you could TRY to make is that it somehow hurt recruiting, but we were renovating our regular arena. And if it hurt recruiting, that was to the disadvantage of...Jamie.

Seems to me that going 20-29 in conference is a huge turnaround from 8-64, especially taking into account the injuries this year.

And it seems from your stance that you won't be satisfied with anything.

Last edited:

Wog68

Dixon made it to the NCAA's in his year 2 with 4 of Johnson's players playing significant minutes. He is playing 2 of them this year. Of his recruits, only Bane has been there all 3 years I think. Four of his recruits have left. It will be interesting to see if he can bring in the Bigs you need who can play inside/outside.

BABYFACE

I just don’t understand that some are not taking into the account of the attrition that started at the end of December. That had to alter expectations for this season. I don’t think one person is giving him a pass for next season. It also isn’t like he hasn’t met or exceeded expectations the first two seasons. If season 4 is struggle, then I thing there is debate to had.

Last edited:

Paint It Purple

Dixon has done a good job turning the program around, but what are the expectations going forward? When you watch us play do you see a really well-coached team? All I’m saying is it needs to get better for what he is getting paid.
Is it that he isn't winning, or that you're upset about what he's paid? How much less should he be paid in order that your expectation, matches his salary?

Dogfrog

Is it that he isn't winning, or that you're upset about what he's paid? How much less should he be paid in order that your expectation, matches his salary?

Maybe I’m old fashioned but shouldn’t it be admins, donors, season ticket holders, and alums who concern themselves with coaches salaries?

Delray Frog

He hasn’t posted a winning record sine the 13-14 season at Pitt. If wanting better makes me a troll, then so be it.
How has Pitt done since he left? Having any success at Pitt after the move to the ACC should be deemed a miracle. Jamie will continue to get it done at TCU and be the most successful coach in the history of the program. Now I'm pissed at myself for even posting on this idiotic thread!

CountryFrog

He hasn’t posted a winning record sine the 13-14 season at Pitt. If wanting better makes me a troll, then so be it.
Winningest coach in Big East history by percentage before they left that conference. And he'll likely end up being the winningest coach in TCU history before he's done.

So, yes, you're a troll. And Chris Beard will be moving on to a legit big time program soon if he truly is an elite coach.

King of Fun

Winningest coach in Big East history by percentage before they left that conference. And he'll likely end up being the winningest coach in TCU history before he's done.

So, yes, you're a troll. And Chris Beard will be moving on to a legit big time program soon if he truly is an elite coach.
So you’re biggest defense to me being a troll is something he’ll “likely” do. Sound argument.

LVH

Beards dream job was Tech so I dont see him leaving