• The KillerFrogs

The Transfer Portal claims another one...

CountryFrog

What are your solutions?
Grow em up.

Seriously, though, better QB talent evaluation and development is probably the single thing that would've helped us more than anything else. Obviously there are other things we can improve on but if we'd gotten good QB play the last 3 years then we probably win 8 - 10 games each season.

And don't take this as a criticism of Duggan. I said it all through 2019 and still believe that he's got everything it takes to be a really good QB but simply wasn't ready to make the jump from Iowa HS football to the Big 12. But since our QB situation was so bad then he ended up being the best option even though he wasn't really ready.

Froggish

Grow em up.

Seriously, though, better QB talent evaluation and development is probably the single thing that would've helped us more than anything else. Obviously there are other things we can improve on but if we'd gotten good QB play the last 3 years then we probably win 8 - 10 games each season.

And don't take this as a criticism of Duggan. I said it all through 2019 and still believe that he's got everything it takes to be a really good QB but simply wasn't ready to make the jump from Iowa HS football to the Big 12. But since our QB situation was so bad then he ended up being the best option even though he wasn't really ready.

Been going back through this past years games just watching the offense. My two observations..

The good thing I see about Max: Unlike last year, for the most part he did a good job of identifying where the Def is giving him single/man coverage.

The bad: He’s his own worst enemy. He’s very slow making that read and the windows closed up while he’s figuring that out.

His WRs were also flat ass terrible at getting releases and separation..The chemistry was just bad and it showed up mostly when teams ran man press. Hopefully this off season they’ll work together on some choice routes and recognizing as a group what coverages they are seeing.

I bet we ran all slants out of empty on 70% of 3rd and 6s and hit maybe 3 all season. That’s just terrible from Max and his WRs..

Pharm Frog

Been going back through this past years games just watching the offense. My two observations..

The good thing I see about Max: Unlike last year, for the most part he did a good job of identifying where the Def is giving him single/man coverage.

The bad: He’s his own worst enemy. He’s very slow making that read and the windows closed up while he’s figuring that out.

His WRs were also flat ass terrible at getting releases and separation..The chemistry was just bad and it showed up mostly when teams ran man press. Hopefully this off season they’ll work together on some choice routes and recognizing as a group what coverages they are seeing.

I bet we ran all slants out of empty on 70% of 3rd and 6s and hit maybe 3 all season. That’s just terrible from Max and his WRs..

Agree completely on not getting separation. Play passively for the most part and telegraph blocking v route. And routes designed to run off defenders aren’t run with intensity. For what appears to be a lot of athleticism on the field it doesn’t look like enough purpose. Sometimes I wonder if we just have too many of them to know and appreciate their roles.

East Coast

Tier 1

Is this when you realize that maybe you made a bad decision lmao

Not a good look for you to be laughing at this kid's misfortune. I haven't heard anything negative about him other than his injuries. But yes, especially with athletes being given an extra year, there are less spots available. Vonger may find he may have to go down as low as Div II to find a home. (Unless he is so unhealthy it looks like he won't play until 2022).

Pharm Frog

I had never looked at that. amazing, but, underscores the reality that most of these guys underperformed at the college level despite having accolades in high school. Hard lesson to cut ties and look for a new home and find your market value is pretty much zero

And everyone has an extra year of eligibility.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Not a good look for you to be laughing at this kid's misfortune. I haven't heard anything negative about him other than his injuries. But yes, especially with athletes being given an extra year, there are less spots available. Vonger may find he may have to go down as low as Div II to find a home. (Unless he is so unhealthy it looks like he won't play until 2022).

Misfortune?? The only misfortune would be is if his scholarship was pulled. If he willingly entered the Portal on his own, then that's on him.

If he's still on scholarship then stay your ass in school and get your education and your diploma even if football isn't working out.

What does he do about his education now if nobody else offers him a scholarship?? Get out of here with that misfortune stuff.

CountryFrog

Misfortune?? The only misfortune would be is if his scholarship was pulled. If he willingly entered the Portal on his own, then that's on him.

If he's still on scholarship then stay your ass in school and get your education and your diploma even if football isn't working out.

What does he do about his education now if nobody else offers him a scholarship?? Get out of here with that misfortune stuff.
You don't think battling countless injuries is misfortune?

Eight

saw the 18th player has transferred out from tennessee with 5-6 others in the portal looking for a landing spot including linebackers henry to'o to'o, jj peterson and quavaris crouch