• The KillerFrogs

The Transfer Portal claims another one...

Eight

We're 14-13 against KSU/Baylor/WV since joining the Big 12 for whatever that's worth.

referenced the recent seasons simply because how tcu has performed against those programs under other staffs has little correlation to going forward

doesn't mean the frogs won't do better going forward, but the frogs haven't matched up to well against the styles of play these past two seasons as they dropped four pretty ugly games

LeagueCityFrog

so 18 so far from last seasons roster:

3 WOs (no PT and so far not picked up a school)
Benedict Brafi
Chandler Fincher
Caleb Biggurs

6 Seniors getting an extra season (COVID exceptions)
Dylan Thomas goes to Northern Colorado
Austin Myers
Kelton Hollins
Brandon Bowen
TJ Storment
Tony Wallace

9 Underclassmen (career stats)
Demauryon Holmes 16 GMs 3 tackles
Ben Wilson to Washington State 29 GMs 34 Tackles
Quazzel White 21 GMs 4 starts
Eli Williams 0 GMs
Stephon Brown 0 GMs
Tevailance Hunt to Arkie St 14 GMs 26 Rec 360 YDs 1 TD but it was spectacular
John Stephens to Louisiana 10 GMs 14 Rec 214 YDs
Al'Dontre Davis to Nichols State 3 GMs 7 rec 85 yards 1 TD
Atanza Vongor 16 GMs 2 tackles

Fans on here need to know this is a two way street. Some of these scholarship kids were probably told by TCU football to look elsewhere for the 2021 season.

Eight

Benedict Brafi
Chandler Fincher
Caleb Biggurs

Austin Myers
Kelton Hollins
Brandon Bowen
TJ Storment
Tony Wallace

Eli Williams 0 GMs
Stephon Brown 0 GMs

very much agree that the number isn't as important as the who and what and very, very few of those 18 really were contributing to the program on game day

the biggest losses to me are myers, storment, and white simply because they either project to starting or could provide experienced depth at multiple line positions

the other 12 scholarship players are pretty much could have been's and might have been's

Wexahu

Not the point AT ALL. The 52% is enough of a black eye on its own without creating fictional scenarios that make it "well below .500."

I'm just presenting factual information. Never once said we should all be excited about it. I've expressed unending frustration over the past few years about our inability to beat KSU, ISU, and WVU on a more consistent basis.

Wasn't really directing it at you, just seemed like the general idea where this thread was heading was, hey what is everyone complaining about, we're 14-13 against WVU, KSU and Baylor.

As you said, that really isn't very good unless the bar is set pretty low. We should be better than KSU 100% of the time and better than WVU 75% of the time.

CryptoMiner

Transfer portal pickups

Chandler Morris QB 5 GMs 3 of 5 for 39 YDs and 5 rushes for 44 YDs and 2 TDs
Obinna Eze OT 31 GMs 25 starts
Kenny Turnier DE 24 GMs, 61 Tackles, 9.5 sacks
TJ Carter CB 46 GMs 187 Tackles, 1 sack, 7 Ints

Wexahu

Benedict Brafi
Chandler Fincher
Caleb Biggurs

Austin Myers
Kelton Hollins
Brandon Bowen
TJ Storment
Tony Wallace

Eli Williams 0 GMs
Stephon Brown 0 GMs

There might be 1 or 2 on that list that the coaching staff would really like to have back. Might.

I think every one of those guys is replaceable. Storment would have been nice to have back, but it's not like he was THAT good. If he was, he'd be going in the draft, he'll be 24 years old next year.

CountryFrog

Wasn't really directing it at you, just seemed like the general idea where this thread was heading was, hey what is everyone complaining about, we're 14-13 against WVU, KSU and Baylor.

As you said, that really isn't very good unless the bar is set pretty low. We should be better than KSU 100% of the time and better than WVU 75% of the time.
I'd disagree that we should be better than anyone 100% of the time except Kansas obviously. Even Oklahoma has dropped a few to KSU over the last few years.

In general though I agree with the sentiment. I personally see no reason why we shouldn't be able to beat those 3 teams I mentioned with the same regularity that we beat the other 3 Texas teams. I think we've done fairly well against against everyone else in the conference save those 3 plus Oklahoma who is just clearly much better than we are as a program right now.

Eight

There might be 1 or 2 on that list that the coaching staff would really like to have back. Might.

I think every one of those guys is replaceable. Storment would have been nice to have back, but it's not like he was THAT good. If he was, he'd be going in the draft, he'll be 24 years old next year.

storment reminds me of a volvo i once had that had been paid off for 5-6 years and then got totaled. insurance carrier barely gave me a thing and in all honesty the car was valuable to me because it was dependable and didn't cost me much to operate or insure

was it a great car? no, but it did what it need to do for me.

tj helped solidify the frogs offensive line and i do think he could get a bit better, but i don't think he has the upside of say coleman.

his return and eze transferring in from memphis would possibly have allowed the frogs to slide avila and let coker play the swing tackle position.

Froggish

storment reminds me of a volvo i once had that had been paid off for 5-6 years and then got totaled. insurance carrier barely gave me a thing and in all honesty the car was valuable to me because it was dependable and didn't cost me much to operate or insure

was it a great car? no, but it did what it need to do for me.

tj helped solidify the frogs offensive line and i do think he could get a bit better, but i don't think he has the upside of say coleman.

his return and eze transferring in from memphis would possibly have allowed the frogs to slide avila and let coker play the swing tackle position.

I know a lot of this fanbase is down on Coker but it’s brutal to trot out a RS Fr at OT in P5 Football. Especially in a league that is going to see as many 4-5 DE he faced drafted in a few months. He’s going to be a very good OT once he improves his footwork. Last year was trial by fire but I think he’ll slowly start to look like and all conference performer by game 7-8 next year.

Believe it or not we have one of our more talented OL rosters we have had in a while. They are just really green and need a little more time to incubate

Eight

I know a lot of this fanbase is down on Coker but it’s brutal to trot out a RS Fr at OT in P5 Football. Especially in a league that is going to see as many 4-5 DE he faced drafted in a few months. He’s going to be a very good OT once he improves his footwork. Last year was trial by fire but I think he’ll slowly start to look like and all conference performer by game 7-8 next year.

Believe it or not we have one of our more talented OL rosters we have had in a while. They are just really green and need a little more time to incubate

agree on coker and it seemed at times last year he was thinking through things and then acting instead of recognizing and reacting which is natural for most young players

one big reason i liked the idea of storment coming back with eze transferring in and allow coker to work as the primary back up

also agree on the talent at the position, but it is time for some of that talent to start making an impact on the field

Eight

apparently after hearing that tj storment might set an record for the most college teams in one career tate martell has decided to enter the transfer portal

truthfully, don't know the reason why, but martell has now entered the portal

helcap

apparently after hearing that tj storment might set an record for the most college teams in one career tate martell has decided to enter the transfer portal

truthfully, don't know the reason why, but martell has now entered the portal
Likely D'Eriq King's decision to return for another season. 24/7 has him going to UNLV where he can compete against Justin Rodgers

Last edited:

Eight

ou goes for a hat trick of vol transfer talent as running back eric gray says he will transfer to norman.

pretty solid trio to add to their recruiting class