• The KillerFrogs

The Transfer Portal claims another one...

Eight

west virginia starting corner dreshun miller announces that he is entering the transfer portal.

miller is the 13th wvu to transfer out this year after 11 players transferred out last year. not sure if brown is working hard to turn the roster over or if there are other factors in play inside the program

Froggish

west virginia starting corner dreshun miller announces that he is entering the transfer portal.

miller is the 13th wvu to transfer out this year after 11 players transferred out last year. not sure if brown is working hard to turn the roster over or if there are other factors in play inside the program

I think its just roster churn. They've mostly had that turnover on the offense side of the ball where they haven't been very good. I think even with Miller leaving they will still return 8 starters from the leagues best defense.

ticketfrog123

has anybody run the numbers on which B12 teams lost the most from transfer or draft this year?

think TCU and Oklahoma state lost the most while OU could’ve gained the most from transfer

Wexahu

has anybody run the numbers on which B12 teams lost the most from transfer or draft this year?

think TCU and Oklahoma state lost the most while OU could’ve gained the most from transfer

Raw numbers are meaningless because there is a lot of addition by subtraction going on. We, for example, freed up 10-12 scholarships from kids moving on and probably only lost one or two that would have been major contributors. Net gain, no matter the official numbers.

Unfortunately though, as could have totally been expected, the bigger higher profile programs will benefit the most. If a school like OU has a major hole in their roster, there will be kids getting in line to fill it. For other schools the line won't be as long.

ticketfrog123

Raw numbers are meaningless because there is a lot of addition by subtraction going on. We, for example, freed up 10-12 scholarships from kids moving on and probably only lost one or two that would have been major contributors. Net gain, no matter the official numbers.

Unfortunately though, as could have totally been expected, the bigger higher profile programs will benefit the most. If a school like OU has a major hole in their roster, there will be kids getting in line to fill it. For other schools the line won't be as long.

that’s what I’m getting at in terms of starters gained or lost by portal.

OU got a few starters on defense. TCU lost some WRs that don’t matter but a few OL on the 2-deep

Wexahu

that’s what I’m getting at in terms of starters gained or lost by portal.

OU got a few starters on defense. TCU lost some WRs that don’t matter but a few OL on the 2-deep

I think we picked up at least three starters. Not sure what your point is. Are you trying to make it seem like things are worse than they are?

ticketfrog123

I think we picked up at least three starters. Not sure what your point is. Are you trying to make it seem like things are worse than they are?

turnier + eze + who else?

we lost 4 OL who saw time + gained 1 starter. Not a great situation given limited depth

agree not a big deal on the DBs or WRs

Froggish

turnier + eze + who else?

we lost 4 OL who saw time + gained 1 starter. Not a great situation given limited depth

agree not a big deal on the DBs or WRs

Not even remotely upset that Meyers, QWhite, or Hollins are gone. Depth is nice but go back and watch the Baylor game from last year and tell me you feel bad about losing them. I watched Meyers physically get his ass whipped 5 plays in a row by a Baylor DT who wasn’t even P5 material.

The young guys like Hayes, Barlows, Lanz, and Brown will fill those interior roles with no problems.

Eight

taylor shough, who started at quarterback for oregon last year, has entered the portal along with another quarterback off their roster

the ducks did sign one high school prospect this year, but unless they pick up a late transfer they will be starting a quarterback who hasn't thrown a pass in a college game

ticketfrog123

taylor shough, who started at quarterback for oregon last year, has entered the portal along with another quarterback off their roster

the ducks did sign one high school prospect this year, but unless they pick up a late transfer they will be starting a quarterback who hasn't thrown a pass in a college game

anthony brown started a few years at BC and played for Oregon last year. He might be on his 6th year of scholarship.

doesn’t sound like Shough was going to start this year

Eight

here are some quick numbers of players transferring in and out, but i agree with wex. unless you are losing a large number of starters/ key back ups most is flipping an older player who hasn't produced for a shot at a new player to the progam

the other thing to remember looking at these numbers is that a school like texas hasn't even had one practice with the new staff and you would have think there will be more changes for them in the near future

baylor 7 out and 3 in
isu 7 out and 2 in
kansas 21 out and 2 in
ksu 13 out and 6 in
ou 15 out and 5 in
osu 8 out and 5 in
tcu 16 out and 4 in
texas 12 out and 4 in
tech 15 out and 6 in
wvu 12 out and 1 in

numbers most likely are off a bit and i haven't many any real attempt to quantify who has brought in the highest potential upside on transfer in's

Moose Stuff

here are some quick numbers of players transferring in and out, but i agree with wex. unless you are losing a large number of starters/ key back ups most is flipping an older player who hasn't produced for a shot at a new player to the progam

the other thing to remember looking at these numbers is that a school like texas hasn't even had one practice with the new staff and you would have think there will be more changes for them in the near future

baylor 7 out and 3 in
isu 7 out and 2 in
kansas 21 out and 2 in
ksu 13 out and 6 in
ou 15 out and 5 in
osu 8 out and 5 in
tcu 16 out and 4 in
texas 12 out and 4 in
tech 15 out and 6 in
wvu 12 out and 1 in

numbers most likely are off a bit and i haven't many any real attempt to quantify who has brought in the highest potential upside on transfer in's

My key takeaway here is the large difference between players leaving and players entering. I would assume it's similar at P5 programs all over the country. Tells you that the average player who is leaving isn't very good.

The laxity afforded to players due to the transfer portal seems to have

made a mockery out of the recruiting process. Bring in a phenomenal

recruiting class
.....next year they are gone. 'A fly in the ointment' or simply

a version of 'Musical Chairs' ?

Eight

missouri offensive lineman jack buford has entered the transfer portal

buford was a 4-star recruit and 21st ranked guard prospect in 2019, was red-shirt in 2019, and only played in 2 games in 2020 so no idea if he was over rated or simply needs a new start