• The KillerFrogs

OT: your go to bar at TCU and why

What can I say 3 years in the 70's when the Stables first opened the front door said "where incredible friendships begin" and they did. A glass mug of Coors was .25 cents and a glass pitcher was $1.25 and we were one of the largest sellers of keg Coors outside of Colorado. The place was run by A bunch of "freeks" and supported by "Greeks". Nothing matched, sometime bathroom doors were missing, fights occured, drinking contest pitting fratsvs frats with score boards. Football team coming in after another loss. It was strictly a TCU bar and we had one hell of a time. One other thing we never asked for an ID

Ray Finkle

Stables Bartender said:
It was strictly a TCU bar and we had one hell of a time. One other thing we never asked for an ID
This is what it used to be like and should still be: Darn the TABC!

I swear Theresa from TABC and Officer Gonzales had a mission in the early 2000s to make sure every student at TCU got an MIP before graduation. Attorney James Mallory got a lot of business off of us during this time.

Flying T

Tier 1
Stables Bartender said:
What can I say 3 years in the 70's when the Stables first opened the front door said "where incredible friendships begin" and they did. A glass mug of Coors was .25 cents and a glass pitcher was $1.25 and we were one of the largest sellers of keg Coors out side of Colorado. The place was run by A bunch of "freeks" and supported by "Greeks". Nothing matched, sometime bathroom doors were missing, fights occured, drinking contest pitting fratsvs frats with score boards. Football team coming in after anther loss. It was strictly a TCU bar and we had one hell of a time. One other thing we never asked for an ID
Damn I want to go back to college.

Tom Brown

Land Frog said:
Wait a gosh darned second. You DJ'd too? After the KF,c luncheon, we should have a spin off between you and FIL.
Im down. To be fair, I djed vinyl with scratches and stuff, I think he used cds and digital.

Satis and I had a show on KTCU for 2 years.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
Tom Brown said:
Im down. To be fair, I djed vinyl with scratches and stuff, I think he used cds and digital.

We need to find a good TCU venue to make this happen. Eerbody in da club gettin tipsy.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Tom Brown said:
What era? I used to hang out @ KTCU when it was still in the Landreth dungeon. It was all vinyl back then & the Moudy building was a distant & unfunded dream and no big transmission tower. Think it was 60 watts of screaming power back then too - be lucky to pick it up in Clark dorm, used to read the AP news wire down there so I could hang out with Cathy Brownlee. Good times.

SuperBarrFrog

ShadowFrog said:
What era? I used to hang out @ KTCU when it was still in the Landreth dungeon. It was all vinyl back then & the Moudy building was a distant & unfunded dream and no big transmission tower. Think it was 60 watts of screaming power back then too - be lucky to pick it up in Clark dorm, used to read the AP news wire down there so I could hang out with Cathy Brownlee. Good times.
I also worked at KTCU for a few years. I graduated in '03.

Ron Swanson

Ray Finkle said:
This is what it used to be like and should still be: Darn the TABC!

I swear Theresa from TABC and Officer Gonzales had a mission in the early 2000s to make sure every student at TCU got an MIP before graduation. Attorney James Mallory got a lot of business off of us during this time.
Were those the two lesbian-looking TABC (w)itches?

Thy nailed me trying to get into a bar with a fake ID back in like 2001.

smufrogger

Stables Bartender said:
What can I say 3 years in the 70's when the Stables first opened the front door said "where incredible friendships begin" and they did. A glass mug of Coors was .25 cents and a glass pitcher was $1.25 and we were one of the largest sellers of keg Coors outside of Colorado. The place was run by A bunch of "freeks" and supported by "Greeks". Nothing matched, sometime bathroom doors were missing, fights occured, drinking contest pitting fratsvs frats with score boards. Football team coming in after another loss. It was strictly a TCU bar and we had one hell of a time. One other thing we never asked for an ID
Let's not forget - the legal drinking age was 18! That made just about all Tcu students of legal age !