• The KillerFrogs

OT: your go to bar at TCU and why

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I didn't hang out in bars much, but junior or senior year one of my best friends had a test the next day but his girlfriend wanted to go to the pub. She asked if I'd go, and I was game.

We got there and I was watching the pool table (I played a LOT of pool back then). She asked if I wanted to play, and I told her no, I was there with her.

She said, no, play, it'll be fun to watch. So I put down quarters and won the table when I played. I played a bunch more games and kept the table.

Then a BIG football player comes up and drops quarters (I think he was a D Lineman). I make the first 3 or 4 shots in a row, and he leans across the table and says "you ain't gonna embarrass me now, are ya?"

What do you know, I missed the next shot and a couple more. He wins but hands me the cue ball, saying, I know what you did. I literally kept the table until the place closed that night. And refrained from crapping my pants when he asked me that question.
I thought this story was gonna take a different turn.

don

Pub.
The Hop.
Hi Hat.
Daniels. Frog Food still clogging my arteries, $1 Ritas and Daiquiris on Sun/Mon
Chelsea's at Ridgmar (9 for 3's on Wednesdays).

I'm old.

Let's whack Tech.

HFrog1999

The night before graduation we went out to Springbok Pub in Downtown Fort Worth. I'm not sure why. I don't think I've been there before or since. I did drink a Pint of Shiner that night though.

HFrog1999

The night before graduation we went out to Springbok Pub in Downtown Fort Worth. I'm not sure why. I don't think I've been there before or since. I did drink a Pint of Shiner that night though.

Edit: A pitcher of Shiner.

anigif_enhanced-7433-1415136850-21.gif

Frog-in-law1995

Pub.
The Hop.
Hi Hat.
Daniels. Frog Food still clogging my arteries, $1 Ritas and Daiquiris on Sun/Mon
Chelsea's at Ridgmar (9 for 3's on Wednesdays).

I'm old.

Let's whack Tech.

I remember frog food at Daniels. They also called it that at the NE Mall location. And now you also made me think of Kip’s Big Boy. Reminiscing a lot today.

My dad ran the gas company for years and today they took the flame down off the top of the old Lone Star Gas building. Very vivid memories of driving by on 30, seeing the flame, then looking down to see if I could see dad’s car (OK, his ugly-ass conversion van). To this day I think about him every time I see that thing. And now it’s gone. Sad.

Ok scheiss it, I’m done. Let’s kill Tech now.

Chongo94

Springbok hasn’t been springbok in a while, sadly. I liked that place too. Used to be a ridiculously hot bartender there...saw many dudes crash and burn hard when trying to get her number ha.

froginmn

I thought this story was gonna take a different turn.
I could have mentioned the two girls that came to the table together that night with quarters and played as partners. That didn't take a different turn either (unfortunately), but I saw that they were hustling and I didn't get suckered.