1. The KillerFrogs
    Dismiss Notice

OT - Movies thread

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Chongo94, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Love going to good theaters. The ones with lounging seats, alcohol, and relatively expensive to keep small kids away. I find people who frequent these theaters are less likely to be obnoxious during the movie. Really liked the Angelica / Sundance in Houston and 7th st movie tavern in FW.

I like the big screen and pretty much get lost in a good movie.

Last movie I saw was All the Money in the World and I liked it. Folks who like constant action and noise might not care for it. True story (as much as a movie can be)

talor and H-Town Frog like this.
  2. This is the least shocking thing you’ve ever said on kfc, and I don’t even know what it means.

Ron Swanson likes this.
  3. My interest level in anything coming out of Hollywood is almost zero at this point.

4. Get the picture?
    [​IMG]

5. PACIFIC ranks with SPR and BoBrothers IMO. It's depiction of the shear brutality of the Pacific theatre was beyond what most Americans have ever comprehended about war

YA, stbrab and WhiteHispanicFrog like this.
  6. I have the Kodi app and can watch movies in theaters for free.

7. For me the Spitfire glide was ridiculous. That plane didn't have enough altitude to do what it did. Plus I like a continuous story line.

YA likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

9. I feel the same way about Austin.

Paint It Purple likes this.
  10. I watched “Gold”... pretty solid

I am a McConaughey fan though, love his characters

sketchy and Chongo94 like this.
  11. That scene was nuts what with the black hole and the contagious garden gnomes and the impromptu Eagles cover band.

Chongo94 likes this.
  12. I actually decided to get a matching set of one of McQueen's outfits from "Bullitt". Took a couple of weeks:

- Gray slacks - easy find.
    - Blue turtleneck - went to a number of stores, but found a good one
    - Brown herringbone jacket - had issues. Found one, didn't care for it. Found some corduroy, but didn't care for them. Found a like-new brown jacket, 85% cashmere, 15% mink for $150 at an upscale used clothing store. Completely forgot the herringbone :)

Movies

Highly recommend "Downfall". Bruno Ganz is the best Hitler, ever. By far. Then watch some of the Hitler rants parodies on YT. Here's one of my favorites (though it is not a rant):

We saw "Darkest Hour," the Winston Churchill movie. It was good, but not great. Oldman is great, but the movie doesn't rise about 'good' for some reason.

Tons of people keep telling me to see "The Greatest Showman," but for some reason I can't get excited about it. When we went to see "La La Land" I knew nothing about it. 30 seconds in, I ask my wife, "is this a musical?" Told yes, I spent half of the movie in the lobby and in the bathroom.

If you liked "Hacksaw Ridge," you will LOVE the documentary on Desmond Doss's life, "The Conscientious Objector". Full length, and is on Youtube. As impressive as Doss's feats are in the movie, when you watch the documentary, you see that the movie just couldn't include everything - incredible.

13. IT was perhaps the most boring movie I was strong armed into watching in the last year or so.
    Unfortunately, now my kids are strong arming me into watching Stranger Things.....the most boring TV show I’ve watched in quite some time.

I need to man-up, and stop letting my kids rule the roost.

Ron Swanson likes this.
  14. Everyone do yourselves a favor and watch "Godless" on Netflix.

With music by T. Bone Burnett - with whom I graduated from Paschal.

It's truly magnificent!

Go Frogs!

Land Frog, BABYFACE, talor and 2 others like this.
  15. According to my mom, who hated La La Land and wanted to walk out, that Greatest Showman or whatever is amazing.

SwissArmyFrog likes this.
  16. Plan on starting that this week actually.

17. Uncommon opinion about Stranger Things.

18. Watched The Boxer again tonight. Think you can find it on amazon or iTunes. I own it so can't remember where you can find it. Anyway, if you liked '71 (which if you didn't see, whoa, see that) you'll like this. Plus, your wife/significant other should also be able to get into it, kinda has a bit of a war torn love story.

It's about an ex-IRA member who gets out of prison but messed around with another IRA member's wife which is a no no apparently. Daniel Day-Lewis stars.

19. Also, if at all interested in the Troubles period, here's another movie to check out that's based on a true story, Fifty Dead Men Walking. Throwing in the trailer to '71 as well cause that's worth watching too.

20. Most enjoyable movie I saw last year was the Tom Cruise movie about him 'working' for the government flying drugs between the USA and Central (South?) America. Lots of fun.

True story, too.