1. The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Chongo94, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Damn. Had high hopes for both of these.

ftwfrog likes this.
  2. Battle of Gallipoli history was interesting.

3. I loved Dunkirk. Thought it was great, the way they did it. If you want character development or something like that stay away. But if you want to see what those men went through, it definitely fills that tank.

Baja Frog, talor, stbrab and 2 others like this.
  4. That’s definitely what I want in a war movie.

5. About the same, honestly. Glad I saw them, but won’t be watching them again.

6. Sadly we now compare everything to Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers. All other war movies are screwed.

talor and Frog-in-law1995 like this.
  7. Band of Brothers is greatness though.

ftwfrog and Frog-in-law1995 like this.
  8. It’s so good that I don’t compare anything to it. You can’t because then nothing would ever be worth watching.

Frog-in-law1995 and Chongo94 like this.
  9. I watched the Big Sick based on your recommendation a few weeks back. It was really good.

10. Just finished Logan Lucky on the back of some of y'all's comments. Nice. Definitely recommend it. Kind of like a redneck Guy Ritchie film.

Didn't care for Hillary Swank though, her performance dragged it down but still a worthwhile watch overall.

talor and Todd D. like this.
  11. I watched it on a plane last week. Well, I watched 90 percent of it. Then we landed. I have no idea what happened. I'm going to keep it that way. It's like a movie Mad Lib where I get to write the ending.

I can't believe they all got the Black Plague.

H-Town Frog, Chico Dusty and Chongo94 like this.
  12. I'm glad they kept it to little more than a cameo.

The scene at the daughters pageant though. Probably the red wine I was drinking but that got me for sure.

Hoosierfrog and Chongo94 like this.
  13. Plus, once you move out of the heavy petting stage of a relationship the movie theater is pretty much useless.

14. I honestly think Rogue One is the best of all of them. Too bad we only got those characters for one movie.

YA and Chongo94 like this.
  15. *WARNING* *POST INCLUDES SPOILERS TO “IT”*

Just watched IT. I’m not afraid of clowns, but I do get freaked out when movies have demons in them. Insidious, The Conjuring, and Paranormal Activity immediately come to mind. IT was pretty freaky because I thought it was about a killer clown and not a demon who shapeshifts into a child’s specific nightmare and sometimes dresses like a clown. Insidious is probably still the scariest ship I’ve ever seen. (I don’t watch a ton of scary movies, though.)

SIAP, I didn’t read the entire thread

talor likes this.
  16. What, no James Bond? Goldfinger gets my vote for a good movie. Oddjob, girls painted in gold, mobsters, and [ muschi ] Galore.

Muschi? You have got to be kidding me.

BABYFACE likes this.
  17. Anybody else here have moviepass? It is greatness. $9.99 a month and you can see as many movies as you want per month (limit one per day). I see so many more movies now that I used to. My wife and will go to studio movie grill during the week and all we have to pay for is the dinner. Sometimes movie theatres can be hassle and less than ideal way to watch a movie but if it is just $10 a month then each movie is pretty cheap.

talor and Chico Dusty like this.
  18. Wes changed the filters to German.

ShadowFrog likes this.
  19. Jah

20. der Hintern dieses Pferdes