• The KillerFrogs

Official TCU v Minnesota Game Thread

USNFROG

MrFubar said:
Every post I've ever made on "baylor cover up" is not in defense of a shool and athletic department it's pointing out how people jump to their own conclusions and make it as fact. If the story had been flipped and it was TCU I would never sit there and instantly blame the school or coaching without knowing the facts. And I'm talking real facts not the kind that I can read between the line and make my own assumptions about. I value people as individuals and think about what the conversation would be in front of them. Someone hiding behind a blog saying "Peterson calls briles a liar" when all he said was "I appraised him of everything" is taking things too far. If BU is guilty then they are guilty and I'll NEVER ever support that but my issues are about the process, the media, and who people have become. Replace the Baylor name with any other and I'd take ever bit as firm a stance. People have their convictions and in my mind it's not right to denounce or trash anyone without any facts. I simply don't support it. People can have all the hate they want but that's a topic that stretches beyond sports and needs to be handled with clarity.  Most the posters here have made definitive statements with nothing but their strong feelings to support them and that's wrong. When I've made any statements it's been based on whatever factual information has been released and that is it. It's never been pro Baylor or Briles. Simply statements based on facts to correct falsified assumptions. 
Here is a fact for you...a guy raped a girl and then was retained on scholarship until he recieved a diploma and the victim was forced out of school.  I dont care about the briles/petersen conversation.  that has no bearing on the FACT that I just presented to you.

Moose Stuff

USNFROG said:
Here is a fact for you...a guy raped a girl and then was retained on scholarship until he recieved a diploma and the victim was forced out of school.  I dont care about the briles/petersen conversation.  that has no bearing on the FACT that I just presented to you.
The end.

DeuceBoogieNights said:

Lol you finished behind TCU in the rankings last year. Remember? How about you worry about West Virginia or winning a bowl game or something?
I just checked the season and BU was 5th with TCU 6th. Post season is meh. A crumbled Ol' Miss. You may have it. I'll accept that both teams met each other on the field and no spreadsheet or stat can take away a 1v1 win. Is what it is. Back to #baylortears and your endless infatuation. I'm glad you won and hope you continue to do so. Need you as strong as possible for the "quality loss" argument again. I'm surprise A&M didn't sue for their statement. 

netty2424

MrFubar said:
I just checked the season and BU was 5th with TCU 6th. Post season is meh. A crumbled Ol' Miss. You may have it. I'll accept that both teams met each other on the field and no spreadsheet or stat can take away a 1v1 win. Is what it is. Back to #baylortears and your endless infatuation. I'm glad you won and hope you continue to do so. Need you as strong as possible for the "quality loss" argument again. I'm surprise A&M didn't sue for their statement. 
by post season, you mean complete season? scheiss off.

BU24601

Travis Trucks said:
Would you rather play Lamar, Rice and SMU and beat them all 70-0 and have the media gloat about how great your team is,

or

Play a road game against an up and coming P5 team on a Thursday Night and win by 6?
This question is for a different thread. Watching Boykin get bounced around out there makes me glad that CAB schedules "preseason games" to get the machine up and running before conference play. On the other hand he has gone all in on winning out in order to get in the CFP. As a ticket buying fan I want to see stud P5 programs get played, but I'm still on the fence. If we win out and get in then I guess he was right all along. If we drop one and get left out then I guess he was just a Moobed Fool all along.

Long season fellas. Enjoy the ride.

FBallFan123

Solid win.

Should've been by more, but when you open on the road against a good opponent, you just have to win.

Oklahoma State didn't exactly blow the doors off Central Michigan tonight, either.

Lotta young guys got some valuable experience tonight, Freeze, Summers, Turpin, Nixon, et al.

netty2424

BU24601 said:
This question is for a different thread. Watching Boykin get bounced around out there makes me glad that CAB schedules "preseason games" to get the machine up and running before conference play. On the other hand he has gone all in on winning out in order to get in the CFP. As a ticket buying fan I want to see stud P5 programs get played, but I'm still on the fence. If we win out and get in then I guess he was right all along. If we drop one and get left out then I guess he was just a Moobed Fool all along.

That's a mentality for a group of pussies.

Travis Trucks

MrFubar said:
Every post I've ever made on "baylor cover up" is not in defense of a shool and athletic department it's pointing out how people jump to their own conclusions and make it as fact. If the story had been flipped and it was TCU I would never sit there and instantly blame the school or coaching without knowing the facts. And I'm talking real facts not the kind that I can read between the line and make my own assumptions about. I value people as individuals and think about what the conversation would be in front of them. Someone hiding behind a blog saying "Peterson calls briles a liar" when all he said was "I appraised him of everything" is taking things too far. If BU is guilty then they are guilty and I'll NEVER ever support that but my issues are about the process, the media, and who people have become. Replace the Baylor name with any other and I'd take ever bit as firm a stance. People have their convictions and in my mind it's not right to denounce or trash anyone without any facts. I simply don't support it. People can have all the hate they want but that's a topic that stretches beyond sports and needs to be handled with clarity.  Most the posters here have made definitive statements with nothing but their strong feelings to support them and that's wrong. When I've made any statements it's been based on whatever factual information has been released and that is it. It's never been pro Baylor or Briles. Simply statements based on facts to correct falsified assumptions. 

2gwGW4P6GQak0.gif

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
MrFubar said:

Tell you what, how about I put you on a 1 day vacation and you can go enjoy some quality time with SMU fans.

Thanks.

Travis Trucks

FBallFan123 said:
Solid win.

Should've been by more, but when you open on the road against a good opponent, you just have to win.

Oklahoma State didn't exactly blow the doors off Central Michigan tonight, either.

Lotta young guys got some valuable experience tonight, Freeze, Summers, Turpin, Nixon, et al.

Speaking of Nixon... he was active in the 1st half and  we didn't see him in the 2nd half. Was he hurt?

FBallFan123

BU24601 said:

Would rather have a team tested before conference play.

Baylor doesn't look to be playing anybody Tech.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
MrFubar said:
So much dumb. Mind boggling amounts of dumb. Literally couldn't be more dumb. You might be concussed and should seek immediate medical attention.