• The KillerFrogs

Official TCU v Minnesota Game Thread

texasrobster1997

Yeah. I don't really get some of the panic. I am generally a pretty nervous guy at games and last night I was only a 3/10 on the anxiety scale. We controlled the game for the most part. Our D was the biggest question coming in and I thought they played really well (especially with the injuries) except for one drive. Boykin didn't have a great game, but give him 2 passes back and he would have. We played a solid team with a very good D, on the road, with nothing to lose, and never trailed. People seem to forget that teams like TCU and OSU can lose/almost lose to teams like Virginia Tech and Kansas and still be great.

cdsfrog

The game itself wasn't nerve wracking. I never thought we were going to lose even at the end. To me we played a very bad offensive team with a good defense and muddled our way through it. I think the concern stems from our offense who returns everyone yet didn't appear ready.

We have another 2 much easier opponents before Tech to figure our [Craig James] out. I think we'll be ready by then.

FWBear

DeuceBoogieNights said:

Lol you finished behind TCU in the rankings last year. Remember? How about you worry about West Virginia or winning a bowl game or something?

The only post season games that matter are playoff games...all else is eye candy/feel good.  But you got a gold star AND a 2nd place (B12) trophy so that should take the sting off the Baylor loss and getting snubbed by the committee.

Moose Stuff

Pharm Frog said:
<p>

People seem down on our D.  I was actually quite pleased with our D last night and believe they were the reason we left with a W.  Held MN to 17 points (and could have been less had someone decided to review a fumble call).  Turned them over deep leading to 7 of our 23 points.  Had a safety inexplicably overturned.  If anyone had said....."The TCU defense will hold the Gophers to 17 points.", everyone would have taken it and been delighted.

That said:

• Need a leader to emerge on that unit to stop all the sideline gazing while the other team is going up-tempo.
  • Will be good to get some beef back in the line.
  • LBs will learn and improve but I didn't think they played poorly.
  • Same leader will need to be able to focus the unit during momentum shifting events like near red-zone interceptions.
I was more than happy with how the D played, while at the same time realizing that probably was not a very dangerous offense they were facing. Reality is that it's an undersized and inexperienced group that is thin at key positions so I don't think it's fair to expect them to be as good as some of our past groups.

Moose Stuff

FWBear said:

The only post season games that matter are playoff games...all else is eye candy/feel good.  But you got a gold star AND a 2nd place (B12) trophy so that should take the sting off the Baylor loss and getting snubbed by the committee.
LMAO, you guys have literally never accomplished anything of real value in the history of college football. Your figurehead NFL player is a laughingstock, your first round picks are all busts, you can't show up for bowl games, and your program is an off field trainwreck.

texasrobster1997

Ha. Love the Baylor troll trying to pull an SEC and say non-playoff post-season bowl wins don't matter. Classic.

The growing list of how everyone out of Waco views that school...

1. Cowards (see OOC schedule...see Art Briles)
2. Chokers (see meaningful bowl games...see Art Briles)
3. Dirty Program (see any article outside of Waco...see Art Briles)
4. Whiners (see Art Briles)
5. Anytime we don't win its a non-win and the game didn't matter anyway

What a joke. Baylor fans just need to man up

B

Backup Waterboy

FWBear said:

Yeah you wouldn't really know what it's like to win and New Year's Day bowl

DeuceBoogieNights

FWBear said:

And in you're best season ever you still finished ranked behind TCU. Lol.

Moose Stuff

texasrobster1997 said:

Baylor fans just need to man up
This may be an impossibility. Can you imagine how awful it's gonna be in that stadium for their game tonight? Might be the worst collection of fans to ever gather for a college football game.

Frog-in-law1995

Moose Stuff said:
LMAO, you guys have literally never accomplished anything of real value in the history of college football. Your figurehead NFL player is a laughingstock, your first round picks are all busts, you can't show up for bowl games, and your program is an off field trainwreck.
Damn.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Moose Stuff said:
Old-Spice-Guy-Head-Nod.gif

ifrog

FWBear said:

darn off.

boonecountyman

TCUdirtbag said:
Appears Meach wanted to go for it on the last to 4th and 1s but Patterson overruled. Defense looks gassed. Terrible decisions.
I didn't understand that play calling at all.You get 1 yd and effectively end the game.You punt and still gave up the TD and put the team in a bad situation.The #2 team is suppose to get 1 yd with all the playmakers you have.

jack the frog

Moose Stuff said:

We have ended 3 of the last 5 seasons ranked higher than Baylors best season ever. Think about that.