• The KillerFrogs

Official TCU v Minnesota Game Thread

Moose Stuff

Travis Trucks said:

Speaking of Nixon... he was active in the 1st half and  we didn't see him in the 2nd half. Was he hurt?
Caught back to back passes on the drive that ended in a FG making it 20-10. Targeted on a later drive as well.

On a more positive note, tonight's scintillating performance should help to eliminate a lot of those

distractions resulting from ranking, playoff and Heisman rhetoric.

Frog-in-law1995

TxFrog1999 said:
Board filter for word that rhymes with witch.
I don't get it. Why are Charlie's Angels witches? They always seemed kinda cool to me. Or does the filter assume that all women are witches and they were just the first group of women that came to mind? Seems a little insensitive if that's the case.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Frog-in-law1995 said:
I don't get it. Why are Charlie's Angels witches? They always seemed kinda cool to me. Or does the filter assume that all women are witches and they were just the first group of women that came to mind? Seems a little insensitive if that's the case.

Yeah, I didn't make that one, has me wondering about it as well. Perhaps I should change it to the name of the reporterette that asked Schloss about the no-no in Omaha?

FrogbyChoice

Train situation is complete [ Finebaum ] situation here in Minneapolis. It's been a good trip until being trapped in downtown waiting on trains that never come. This is real amateur hour. It makes Dart look like well oiled machine.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Frog-in-law1995 said:

My mistake, just checked it, and it's another name for cats not witches.

kidkarr

LisaLT said:
This was more of an underwhelming game on offense than defense imo. FIRST game of the year people. Not too bad. TCU did control the game (for the most part) - even though it was close. Relax. We need some time to get in sync, Missing Pierson and McFarland was big too. Was anyone else underwhelmed by the play calling on offense? We twice did not go for it on 4th and 1 (we should have early in the game i thought). 

I am happy with this win though - on the road - and against a quality opponent. 
Didn't read all the pages, just first and last 5. I was def underwhelmed by play calling. Our home run calls were there from time to time, but Boykin was pressing. He missed 2 for sure TD throws on blown coverages. Gotta clean that stuff up. Play calling needed a better rhythm IMO. Many times it seemed we were all pass or all run.
Also, why does TJ not get any calls between the tackles? His running to edge isn't going to cut it(he did miss a huge hole on 1 run if I remember correctly).

Overall, this game was exact opposite of many last year. I think we controlled the whole game, but score didn't reflect the domination. Two turnovers and missed field goal all deep in their territory. In addition to the missed td throws from TB2.

Rant over!

jack the frog

Frogs are in fine shape. We are going to be deadly on offense, fine on defense and I did not see a nick or bruise come out of the game. Plenty of teachable moments to. A perfect night with a win away at the Big 10.

Moose Stuff

jack the weed said:
Frogs are in fine shape. We are going to be deadly on offense, fine on defense and I did not see a nick or bruise come out of the game. Plenty of teachable moments to. A perfect night with a win away at the Big 10.
I think we're gonna be fine too. That being said, right now we're over ranked and over hyped. Can we mature into a top 5 team in November? We'll see.

jack the frog

Moose Stuff said:
I think we're gonna be fine too. That being said, right now we're over ranked and over hyped. Can we mature into a top 5 team in November? We'll see.

Yea, I was always thought #2 was pretty dang high with the defensive losses. They place much value on a returning QB apparently. Maybe a different story by years end but many tough games with a young defense between now and then.

NavySupplyFrog

Am I the only one that gets called out for saying Boykin has to hit those two td passes, or is mr. Mcgibblets just did like me? I feel that what I said about a heisman trophy winner makes those passes was correct. Dont know why I am being so butt hurt about being called out but I am. Oh well. I have taken one small step away from the ledge after a night's rest. Maybe it was if minny goes on to win 9 games and keeps everything else close we have a very solid win. Maybe it was the four forty yard td passes I just had in flag football...who knows. All I know is that both the tcu and groton frogs won yesterday and today.

Pharm Frog

People seem down on our D.  I was actually quite pleased with our D last night and believe they were the reason we left with a W.  Held MN to 17 points (and could have been less had someone decided to review a fumble call).  Turned them over deep leading to 7 of our 23 points.  Had a safety inexplicably overturned.  If anyone had said....."The TCU defense will hold the Gophers to 17 points.", everyone would have taken it and been delighted.

That said:

• Need a leader to emerge on that unit to stop all the sideline gazing while the other team is going up-tempo.
  • Will be good to get some beef back in the line.
  • LBs will learn and improve but I didn't think they played poorly.
  • Same leader will need to be able to focus the unit during momentum shifting events like near red-zone interceptions.

cousinjoker

Pharm Frog said:

People seem down on our D.  I was actually quite pleased with our D last night and believe they were the reason we left with a W.  Held MN to 17 points (and could have been less had someone decided to review a fumble call).  Turned them over deep leading to 7 of our 23 points.  Had a safety inexplicably overturned.  If anyone had said....."The TCU defense will hold the Gophers to 17 points.", everyone would have taken it and been delighted.

That said:

• Need a leader to emerge on that unit to stop all the sideline gazing while the other team is going up-tempo.
  • Will be good to get some beef back in the line.
  • LBs will learn and improve but I didn't think they played poorly.
  • Same leader will need to be able to focus the unit during momentum shifting events like near red-zone interceptions.

Freeze looked kind of little out there, but he played well.  He's going to need a little more bulk to bring down 575-pound tight ends.

cdsfrog

Defense was great until the end of the game then bad. Second half too many points given up to an offense that is worse than 9 of the 10 big 12 teams.