1. The KillerFrogs

Just for fun-what's on your bucket list?

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by wes, May 11, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

2. Been lucky and gotten to do lots of things so my list isn't long. Having wandering feet was both a blessing and curse sometimes.

I want to see Normandy, more of Japan, New Zealand, ride a motorcycle through the Himalayas and dive in Truk Lagoon. Diving in Truk Lagoon is probably the one last thing I most desire to do to see the history sitting at the bottom of the lagoon there and do some good wreck diving.

Re: Normandy, are there still places you can see real life WWII artifacts such as tanks, bunkers and French whorehouses?

cdsfrog likes this.
  3. Ride a motorcycle through the Himalayas? I can’t even ride through my neighborhood.

4. Spit bucket?

wes likes this.
  5. Skip past the 3:00 mark for some fun. And some real fun after about 14:00. A guy I met recorded this video.

Go take the MSF course if you haven't. It'll help build confidence. https://www.msf-usa.org/BRC.aspx

wes likes this.
  6. I did. That’s how I got my license.

wes likes this.
  7. Best way to get it. Seat time is the only thing that can help now. At least you can't fall off a 5,000' cliff, running into a hot soccer mom is the about the worst that can happen.:D

8. Hiking the pilgrimage route from the Pyrenees to Santiago. Then on to the party in Prague which I may or may not survive. :)

9. I went to this museum when I visited Normandy. It was well worth it.
    http://www.arromanches-museum.com/pratique/

AroundWorldFrog likes this.
  10. Boy howdy, isn’t that the truth.
    If I take a day off, like a Monday or Friday, I know damn well I’ll have 200 emails when I come back.
    Not to mention god-knows how many files to review.
    Takes a full day just to get caught up, while also trying to put out the fires and correct mistakes employees made while I was off.

ShadowFrog likes this.
  11. Forgot about the bucket list part....
    1. Live long enough to see my kids graduate from college
    2. Attend Ryder Cup, preferably in Europe,

I don’t ask for much

12. I’ve always preferred being at work knowing I have the next day off rather than being off and knowing I have to work the next day.

13. i've got a friend that works at Lockheed and has thousands of hours of vacation he hasn't used.

14. Mrs Navy and I will be right there with you for 1 and 2. If you want some company for 4,5,6,7 and 9, let us know. I wish I could do 8 but I think that honor with go to my grandchildren.

15. That would be awesome...or horrible if I bombed

16. It's also good for his family to finally have some closure.

17. Bravo doc

tcudoc likes this.
  18. Visit all 50 states -- 8 to go.
    See the Northern Lights
    Visit Iceland
    And one that I am going to do next month -- visit Australia

ShadowFrog likes this.
  19. "Somebody say anal?" Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 4.48.20 PM.png

20. Your uncle was correct in all ways, one of the best trips taken by my wife and I. We saw New Zealand as well as a good part of Australia, trip of a life time.