• The KillerFrogs

Just for fun-what's on your bucket list?

flyfishingfrog

Agree with many lists! I will add African Safari and Gallopagos to my list. I don’t understand playing golf in Scotland on people’s list..... I understand the history but I can play Willow Springs for cow pasture golf.
Muirfield and Royal Dornoch are not only far from cow pastures but are truly 2 of the top 10 layouts on the planet - assuming you have some idea of where your Ball is going before you swing - and 36 holes mixed with the Honourable members at lunch in between is a religious experience for a golfer

It’s kind of like Colonial - I have brought guests out there that are 18+ handicaps and though nice about it - you can tell they didn’t really get the hype and never even asked about Hogan or the history. But that is because they spent the entire round chipping out of the trees or hitting out a trap and it was one of their normal 5 times a year round of golf for them, so it seemed like just another course.

While I have played with low single digits that finish and say it was an amazing layout because their good shots were awarded with birdie chances and their bads ones - even those slightly off a forced them to scramble to avoid a bogey and they can’t wait to be invited back. Then they want a pic in front of the wall of champions and to see Hogan’s office, his locker and trophies and touch his extra spike for luck.

It’s all a matter of perspective I guess

tcudoc

Run into Wes at the Buckees in Temple and exchange "Go Frogs".
I can't tell if you're saying you did run into Wes at Buc-ee's or if you are suggesting that I run into Wes at Buc-ee's...it made me think of the episode of The Office when Kevin decided to use as few words as possible to save time.
anigif_enhanced-21946-1448432904-2.gif

On re-reading it, you are likely adding that to your bucket list, but still funny to me.