• The KillerFrogs

Happy Masters Week

froginmn

I mean, a lot of people hate Tiger. It’s not like he hasn’t given people reason to dislike him.

I actually always hated him back when he was on top of his game and I thought he was a nerdy non-human golf robot bread to dominate the game. I’ve always rooted for the underdog and I just didn’t like him, always pulled for someone to beat him.

Now that I actually have reason to dislike him (all the cheating, etc...) I kind of find myself pulling for him because he seems more relatable and I can tell how much it would mean for him to complete his comeback. I want to dislike him but for whatever reason I can’t anymore, despite the fact that I should dislike him more.
I get it, just curious. Some might not like him because of his personal failings, others because they root for underdogs.

I have been an underdog guy too but I never quite understand why. The most talented athletes should win, but I root against them sometimes (especially when they gather talent on a single team and make it more difficult for opponents).

I've just always appreciated Tiger's physical talents but also his intelligence out there. Case in point was aiming between the bunkers after Molinari put his in the creek.

flyfishingfrog

Tiger and Molinari started playing matchplay too early

And the young guys aren’t intimidated by Tiger like the older ones were because he has been a non factor since they turned pro

Gonna be a dog fight

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I'm a big Tiger fan. Maybe because of my years in the Navy, I've seen a lot of married guys screwing around. I don't approve of it, but it is what it is. And no one knows what was going on in that relationship - is she automatically without blame?
Anyway, Tiger has paid his debt. He's a great golfer and fun to watch.

frogs9497

I mean, a lot of people hate Tiger. It’s not like he hasn’t given people reason to dislike him.

I actually always hated him back when he was on top of his game and I thought he was a nerdy non-human golf robot bread to dominate the game. I’ve always rooted for the underdog and I just didn’t like him, always pulled for someone to beat him.

Now that I actually have reason to dislike him (all the cheating, etc...) I kind of find myself pulling for him because he seems more relatable and I can tell how much it would mean for him to complete his comeback. I want to dislike him but for whatever reason I can’t anymore, despite the fact that I should dislike him more.

I also find myself pulling for Tiger. I don't condone his past behavior, but sometimes wonder if it was a manifestation of how he (poorly) dealt with his father's death. I was very close to my father and lost him at a fairly young age, and found myself engaging in "reckless" behavior for a period thereafter. Nothing near Tiger's level. Just a lot of confusion, anger, aggression, and absolute heartbreak. I got past it, and hopefully he did too.