• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Wildcats under the lights at The Carter

froginmn

This was the one game I was unable to follow live. My niece got married and it was a great time to see my sister and family (and I don't regret keeping my attention on family). I snuck a couple looks at a Game cast (and my son streamed it LOL) but didn't really know how the game went.

Always interesting to read the game thread and this one I read through entirely. Saw the give up from a few on about page 15; I know there will come a game where we get behind in 2Q and don't come back but some of y'all need to figure out that this team has heart and this staff knows how to adjust at half.

My son and I are flying down for Tech to hopefully see the undefeated Frogs.

Go Frogs! Beat WVU!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Did anyone record just HOW electric it was?
mr-mom-220.gif

Volare

Anyone see the altercation late in the game with THT and the KSU sideline? Well after the play the official had to go get THT and send him back to the middle of the field. Not sure if it was caught on TV.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Anyone see the altercation late in the game with THT and the KSU sideline? Well after the play the official had to go get THT and send him back to the middle of the field. Not sure if it was caught on TV.
It was a chippy game all around. KState is a very physical football team. Last night, at times I thought they crossed the line.

I said earlier in the thread that they were flirting with a targeting penalty. They finally did get one late in the game. I know their D is hard hitting and generally clean but they launched some shots at Max and the RBs that, had they landed, should have drawn flags.

There was one especially questionable no-call on a Duggan run and slide. That particular play was negated by a TCU holding penalty but I do believe in most instances KSt would have drawn a flag as well. I also recall a latish hit on a kick-off return.

Edit: I just watched the highlights and on one of Wiley’s long catches for a first down, he tripped just as the DB left his feet for a head first strike. Had Wiley not tripped and gotten under the guy it could well have been a targeting call

Last edited:

Horny4TCU

I did. I don't know what happened. I didn't see it until the official had em separated.

HornyWartyToad

It was a chippy game all around. KState is a very physical football team. Last night, at times I thought they crossed the line.

I said earlier in the thread that they were flirting with a targeting penalty. They finally did get one late in the game. I know their D is hard hitting and generally clean but they launched some shots at Max and the RBs that, had they landed, should have drawn flags.

There was one especially questionable no-call on a Duggan run and slide. That particular play was negated by a TCU holding penalty but I do believe in most instances KSt would have drawn a flag as well. I also recall a latish hit on a kick-off return.
Max especially took some really hard hits. I hope he's got priority seating in the cryo.