• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Wildcats under the lights at The Carter

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
A lot of late falls on guys. I rewatched the game last night. And on most the plays with Miller and Duggan keeping the ball, the KSU defenders would fall on the pile even after the whistle. A couple of time definitely looked like targeting on Max. KSU got away with a lot on the defensive side. And man, they were holding a lot. One KSU lineman sat on our guy, who was on the ground, no flag... I thought that was considered holding?
100% agree on K St D.

As to holding, by the end of the game both Frog tackles were holding blatantly on about every play. What the hell? The refs were clearly not gonna call it so…

Zubaz

A friend of mine who is completely impartial to K-State and TCU texted to me during the game, “you guys play kinda dirty”. I just said, whatever, it’s football. Not sure what specific plays he was talking about, I was in the stands.

For the most part, people see what they want to see. It’s always refs or the other team not playing fair.
It's a weird narrative. I get that there's a number of QB injuries, but really only the Gabriel hit was dirty (and we were already up big by that point anyway). Colorado QB got benched, he wasn't injured. Kansas QB got injured going out of bounds, Martinez was a non-contact injury. I'm not even sure what happened with Howard, did he fall on the ball or something? The best QB we've faced this year, Sanders, was in the entire game. Pretty sure Mordecai was, too.

And seeing as both Bean and Howard came in and we made them both look better than the starter anyways, it's not like we get some super advantage from that. Daniels was 5-10 for 89 yards when he left at the half, Bean comes in and threw for 260 in the second half. Martinez played one series, and Howard looked like a world-beater for like 5 straight drives.

Wexahu

It's a weird narrative. I get that there's a number of QB injuries, but really only the Gabriel hit was dirty (and we were already up big by that point anyway). Colorado QB got benched, he wasn't injured. Kansas QB got injured going out of bounds, Martinez was a non-contact injury. I'm not even sure what happened with Howard, did he fall on the ball or something? The best QB we've faced this year, Sanders, was in the entire game. Pretty sure Mordecai was, too.

And seeing as both Bean and Howard came in and we made them both look better than the starter anyways, it's not like we get some super advantage from that. Daniels was 5-10 for 89 yards when he left at the half, Bean comes in and threw for 260 in the second half. Martinez played one series, and Howard looked like a world-beater for like 5 straight drives.
To me the narrative that we are somehow dirty holds about as much water as the one about UT (and OU) getting all the calls from the refs.

The hit on Gabriel was unfortunate, not dirty. Sometimes things happen that can't really be avoided when guys are going all out and that was one of them.

dawg

Spot on about Max. I really hope we win out for him and that he gets a Heisman. It's 1000% true that his composure and testicular fortitude is helping us win games.
Yup. Someone made a comment in the Okie St game thread (I’m too lazy to look it up, so original author here’s your attribution), and it’s one of the most accurate statements in the history of the FFF: “I don't know how Max can even walk with balls that huge.” Dude is such a freaking gamer. Miller, too. They just will. not. stop.

froginmn

If, and it is a HUGE if because West Virginia are a damn hard out in Morgantown, we win this week... I think we get Big Noon Saturday on Nov 5.
I'm not all that familiar with Big Noon Kickoff TBH. Have we had it, and has anyone gone to one? I'm almost always watching CGD...

I'm coming down that weekend; wondering if it's worth trying to go should it be there (obviously depends on our game time as well).

4th. down

In 2015 you knew that a loss was going to come eventually based on all the injuries to the defense, have that same feeling this year. Probably one or both of Texas/Baylor. But I'll enjoy the undefeated run while it lasts
Seems reasonable but as long as the Mad Max is healthy, we got a chance and add in Miller and QJ.

dawg

I'm not all that familiar with Big Noon Kickoff TBH. Have we had it, and has anyone gone to one? I'm almost always watching CGD...

I'm coming down that weekend; wondering if it's worth trying to go should it be there (obviously depends on our game time as well).
Fox puts their "marquee" matchup on at 1200 EST, calls it Big Noon Kickoff, and their pregame show broadcasts from the site. Similar to CGD, but different in that CGD doesn't limit itself to games broadcast by ESPN (they'll go to the CBS national game, TCU-Utah when we were on CBSN, etc). Would be our first BNK.

Frog-in-law1995

officials. How am I doing, bc?

Never understood that. It’s just a nickname. Just for future reference, I may refer to them as Zebras too, but I want each of you to know that I don’t actually think they are literal zebras, bounding from savannah to savannah all nimbly-bimbly like. Same thing if you hear me call a baseball umpire “blue” even when each of you (except Peace) can plainly see that they’re not actually wearing the color blue at that time.

Latest posts