• The KillerFrogs

Transfers

Palliative Care

"But paying 1M for a TCU transfer is OD. Be serious" I guess it was too much for TCU too.
However looking at this list means that a number of people already put up sizeable cash and eventually they are all going to want a significant ROI and many will be disappointed. What then?

Double D

Tier 1
If OU paid $1M for him, then I can see why Venables will not be coaching at OU in a year or two.
"But paying 1M for a TCU transfer is OD. Be serious" I guess it was too much for TCU too.
However looking at this list means that a number of people already put up sizeable cash and eventually they are all going to want a significant ROI and many will be disappointed. What then?

Palliative Care

This is not going to happen a lot until the SEC and Big says so. Salary cap or some such would need to be enforceable too.

Last edited:

Wexahu

He's on a roll

What he says sounds great and all but my guess is that BSU won’t be any good.

Kids can develop anywhere if they want to, I’d question the intelligence of a kid who turned away a few hundred thousand dollars because he wanted to be in a program that emphasized “development”.

Palliative Care

If the player is low rated enough that individual may jump at the chance. Every once in a while a player like that will be able to portal else where. The irony being that they will leave your program in a minute for the money and a bigger stage.
Houston took a walk on chance and turned him into a TCU transfer. This is not so terribly different from what Boise’s coach is doing.
So my hat is off to him but I doubt we will hear much from them in the future. I wonder are we just a higher level Boise now?

CryptoMiner

If the player is low rated enough that individual may jump at the chance. Every once in a while a player like that will be able to portal else where. The irony being that they will leave your program in a minute for the money and a bigger stage.
Houston took a walk on chance and turned him into a TCU transfer. This is not so terribly different from what Boise’s coach is doing.
So my hat is off to him but I doubt we will hear much from them in the future. I wonder are we just a higher level Boise now?
The issue with his statement:

The NIL money is not supposed to come from the school so he would not have control over the funds. Basically, he is admitting the program is providing the funds and determining how it is to be paid.

Sounds moot considering how funds are being thrown at players these days to go to certain schools. Combined with the statements by Brian Kelly it just shows the rampant abuse and little control over the payments.