• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Wildcats under the lights at The Carter

Wexahu

I'd say we have the 3rd best win right now behind the Georgia and Tennessee wins. Alabama has the loss, is severely lacking any impressive win, and is lucky as hell to have escaped with victories over a couple unranked teams. They will take care of themselves though because they're either going to win out and earn a spot in the playoff or they'll lose again and be out of the conversation.

Clemson is the team that I have a hard time with. We could get to the end of the year with them undefeated and look back at the Wake Forest game being their only quality win of the year.
I hear ya, but it's also a possibility we get to the end of the year undefeated and ???? is our only quality win of the year. They've beaten WF (currently ranked #10), Syracuse (#16) and NC State (#24) and have three 4-3 teams and South Carolina (#25) left on their schedule.

To date we've beaten #9 and #22 and there are no more ranked teams left. I understand the Big 12 cannibalizes itself a bit but so will the ACC Atlantic.

PurpleBlood87

I'm watching the game on replay for the first time and the referee on the TCU sideline has made about four horrid spots.

Max just ran out of bounds on a scramble and he marked him a yard short.

PurpleBlood87

On the touchdown run that gave the Frogs the lead, I don't know what the KSU defenders were arguing about. Even if Millet was short, I'm sure TCU would have scored since it was first down.
Did they think it was fourth and goal?

mc1502

On the touchdown run that gave the Frogs the lead, I don't know what the KSU defenders were arguing about. Even if Millet was short, I'm sure TCU would have scored since it was first down.
Did they think it was fourth and goal?
I think that was the case. The dude thought it was a turnover on downs.

CountryFrog

I hear ya, but it's also a possibility we get to the end of the year undefeated and ???? is our only quality win of the year. They've beaten WF (currently ranked #10), Syracuse (#16) and NC State (#24) and have three 4-3 teams and South Carolina (#25) left on their schedule.

To date we've beaten #9 and #22 and there are no more ranked teams left. I understand the Big 12 cannibalizes itself a bit but so will the ACC Atlantic.
I'd be very surprised if the Big 12 only ends up with 3 ranked teams. I think that they will end up with 4 or 5. I think Syracuse and NC State have more losses in them, especially NC State without their QB, and there's virtually no chance South Carolina ends the season ranked as they still have Tennessee and Clemson plus a visit to the swamp and have already lost 2 games.

This is all obviously just my opinion but I think Clemson's only shot at another quality W outside of Wake will be to hope for North Carolina to finish with 10 wins and play them in the CCG which is possible.

Horny4TCU

A lot of late falls on guys. I rewatched the game last night. And on most the plays with Miller and Duggan keeping the ball, the KSU defenders would fall on the pile even after the whistle. A couple of time definitely looked like targeting on Max. KSU got away with a lot on the defensive side. And man, they were holding a lot. One KSU lineman sat on our guy, who was on the ground, no flag... I thought that was considered holding?

Wexahu

A lot of late falls on guys. I rewatched the game last night. And on most the plays with Miller and Duggan keeping the ball, the KSU defenders would fall on the pile even after the whistle. A couple of time definitely looked like targeting on Max. KSU got away with a lot on the defensive side. And man, they were holding a lot. One KSU lineman sat on our guy, who was on the ground, no flag... I thought that was considered holding?
A friend of mine who is completely impartial to K-State and TCU texted to me during the game, “you guys play kinda dirty”. I just said, whatever, it’s football. Not sure what specific plays he was talking about, I was in the stands.

For the most part, people see what they want to see. It’s always refs or the other team not playing fair.