• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Mississippi State could offer enough to lure away TCU's Jim Schlossnagle

flyfishingfrog

Ok i admit I went and looked at their board for laughs

My favorite is the guy who says they aren’t interested in Schloss because he is worried about country clubs and houses too much

A guy who basically only uses his TCU provided membership to Colonial to use the treadmill so he can workout with being bothered by the team or admins, created tension between him and Saarloos because Schloss hates golf and says his staff can play when they retire, is so rarely in the restaurant they have to ask him name and number when they do go, is never in the 19th Hole or bar, and lives in the same house today he bought when he was making 1/10th of what he makes today because it’s 300 yards from the ball park....

But he is so interested in country clubs and houses that he won’t take their job over it? Right!!!

At least someone called him out on it...

flyfishingfrog

Ironically I spoke with Schloss this morning at the baseball camp. So if he was in Omaha he did a one day trip.

Didn’t get a chance to chat too much w him but he did say he was here and ready to get back to work. #FreeInsiderIntel.
he normally opens and closes those camps every day when the team isn’t playing - that is why I think kind of odd that they would even believe he is in Omaha to begin with

Pharm Frog

They have two threads about this on elitedawgs.com It’s their version of Texags. I swear they are the klan cousins of aggy.

I get perverse joy in seeing so many of them be completely incapable of enjoying their Omaha experience because of the angst and dissonance about being left at the altar not once, not twice, but at least three times.

And, they still haven’t given me my posting credentials even though I knew Tebow was the answer to their dumb trivia question

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
I get perverse joy in seeing so many of them be completely incapable of enjoying their Omaha experience because of the angst and dissonance about being left at the altar not once, not twice, but at least three times.

And, they still haven’t given me my posting credentials even though I knew Tebow was the answer to their dumb trivia question
So that makes what, 3 teams from Mississippi that we don’t like?

Moose Stuff

At one time he didn’t want a head coaching job again but I am guessing taking your team to Omaha could easily change that

Plus they have a pretty solid guy in waiting in their hitting coach if Henderson was really willing to stay a few years

Seems a little dumb to just ignore the guys in the dugout

The hitting coach was an agent last year. Not sure he’s ready to be a head coach anytime soon. Just my opinion.

flyfishingfrog

The hitting coach was an agent last year. Not sure he’s ready to be a head coach anytime soon. Just my opinion.
Maybe not - this why I said if Henderson was willing to stay a few years - to coach him up basically

but while everyone uses Saban and Urban Meyer as examples of why you want A proven winner for your new head coach if you want to win nattys- the reality is far more coaches that have left one successful program to rebuild another have failed to achieve the same level of success, much less a greater level.

Lightening in a bottle is hard to replicate because it’s rarely just the coach but all the program dynamics that make it a success even when the coach is the key driver

Seems inherently stupid to not do everything they can to keep a group of coaches together that are probably a win today away from the finals for the NC given the pitching problems of the teams in losers bracket - for a set of coaches that are having to tweet about Omaha as fans not participants.

Last edited:

mcdaddy

At one time he didn’t want a head coaching job again but I am guessing taking your team to Omaha could easily change that

Plus they have a pretty solid guy in waiting in their hitting coach if Henderson was really willing to stay a few years

Seems a little dumb to just ignore the guys in the dugout
This is pretty accurate based on everything I heard in Starkville last weekend.