• The KillerFrogs

Dixon?

GetToTheQB

Since you are over simplifying, why don’t we just back to the time between Tubbs and Dixon? But don’t answer that, you are trolling.

Your logic is tremendously shocking. The guy pointed out that a coach who is competitively paid and has every amount of funding, facility and help in the nation has under performed. We had four kids transfer this year... Is this not a red flag? We have choked away games better than any team in the country. Our offense is absolutely deplorable.

All lawfrog said was that we need to get over the NIT win... Is this that big of a problem? Is it not a fact? Get over yourself man. Hold people accountable- oh wait... I forgot we do not do that in this fan base- just little old TCU.

Moose Stuff

Can’t believe this is even a topic worth discussing.

Or that it’s lasted 8 pages. If there’s one thing you can take to the bank it’s that this board will find something to complain about. Am I happy with how this year is playing out?..... no. Am I happy with where this program is given where is was when he showed up?..... beyond happy. There isn’t a word to accurately describe the level of dumbassery it takes to assert that Jamie Dixon has underperformed.

Wexahu

Can’t believe this is even a topic worth discussing.

Why?

We had high hopes for a Top 3-4 finish in the league (and some were even saying we could win it) because we thought we had a bunch of new, good, young players but instead we're in 7th place and a bunch of kids have left the team leaving the future trajectory of the program somewhat in doubt as well. If nobody was discussing this "topic" it'd be hard to argue that we're anything even remotely close to a school that cares about basketball.

Last edited:

Wexahu

There isn’t a word to accurately describe the level of dumbassery it takes to assert that Jamie Dixon has underperformed.

Ok, I'll assume that's true. At what point should we expect better results? Or is what we've had the past three years about as good as it's going to get? CJD's conference finishes in his last 6 years are 5th, 9th, 9th, 7th, 5th, and 7th. So I guess we are getting is about what should be expected, but it's been somewhat disappointing anyway.

Dogfrog

Why?

We had high hopes for a Top 3-4 finish in the league (and some were even saying we could win it) because we thought we had a bunch of new, good, young players but instead we're in 7th place and a bunch of kids have left the team in droves leaving the future trajectory of the program somewhat in doubt as well. If nobody was discussing this "topic" it'd be hard to argue that we're anything even remotely close to a school that cares about basketball.

Every time I see the word “we” in your posts it makes me chuckle.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Why?

We had high hopes for a Top 3-4 finish in the league (and some were even saying we could win it) because we thought we had a bunch of new, good, young players but instead we're in 7th place and a bunch of kids have left the team in droves leaving the future trajectory of the program somewhat in doubt as well. If nobody was discussing this "topic" it'd be hard to argue that we're anything even remotely close to a school that cares about basketball.

We have high hopes in every sport. But like football and baseball there is very little Dixon can do about injuries or if someone isn’t a team guy and defects because of lack of minutes. I think it’s a testament to Dixon’s abilities his current team is staying competitive with no bench and with Noi out and Fisher’s bad luck.

I just think it is incomprehensible to rag on Dixon just 3 years in and strides he’s made.

LawFrog504

For those in the "I can't believe" crowd, no one is calling for Dixon's head. Merely stating that our offensive execution has been poor (indisputable fact, 100% true) and saying that we should desire to continue to ascend as a program isn't "trolling,"dumbassery" or "moronic." It's discussing accountability. You should take a gander at the boards of most premier athletic programs, they make this board look like alter boys in terms of complaining. Just relax, it's ok if someone makes an observation that isn't getting on your knees and bowing down to every decision a TCU employee has ever made.

Wexahu

We have high hopes in every sport. But like football and baseball there is very little Dixon can do about injuries or if someone isn’t a team guy and defects because of lack of minutes. I think it’s a testament to Dixon’s abilities his current team is staying competitive with no bench and with Noi out and Fisher’s bad luck.

I just think it is incomprehensible to rag on Dixon just 3 years in and strides he’s made.

Ok, but it kind of comes with the territory of being paid $3M and wanting to be considered a basketball school. You live up in Indiana I believe, how do IU fans feel about Archie Miller about now?....and he's only in his second year. I haven't been to their message boards, but I would imagine there's more than a few people pretty disappointed, if not calling for his job.

And nobody here is saying Dixon needs to go.

SuperTFrog

I think there are some posters who are satisfied with 18-22 win teams in basketball that make the tourney most years and hopefully make a run every once in a while and are satisfied with 8-10 win football teams with an 11-12 win team every once in a while, and there are some posters who expect 25+ win basketball teams and 11+ win football teams every year. Sports are hard. People are stupid

Dogfrog

I've never understood why in order to be considered a supporter or fan of a team you've got to be a nonstop cheerleader. What did I say in my post that was wrong or that you disagree with?

My post did not address your opinions.

Last edited:

cheese83

Samuel is too soft is funny to hear,
Ok, but it kind of comes with the territory of being paid $3M and wanting to be considered a basketball school. You live up in Indiana I believe, how do IU fans feel about Archie Miller about now?....and he's only in his second year. I haven't been to their message boards, but I would imagine there's more than a few people pretty disappointed, if not calling for his job.

Comparing us to Indiana is absurd. We have no historical significance as a basketball program and were absolutely awful the last 10 years until Dixon showed up. Then we won the NIT and made the tourney.

Fisher didn’t transfer, his knee is a mess and he’s going to Europe or something.
Archie was given advice by a bunch of idiots and now he’s going to UTEP and can’t play until 2020.
Angus had health issues or something and is done.
Alok wasn’t good and is gone too.

We are trying to catch up to teams that have been out recruiting us forever. Baylor, UT, OU, Kansas, K St, Iowa St, and even Tech. They get 4* guys all the time who don’t even make an impact until later in their career. Only Kansas gets the one and done guys.

Some of yall are acting like we signed or should be landing 5* kids bc Dixon showed up. He didn’t even do that at Pitt. Just be lucky we’ve got him and Ryan Miller recruiting for us. PJ Fuller turned down all the big names and chose us. Diante Smith also turned down a ton of big time programs. Be patient fellas. We literally went through a season with 0 conference wins. The fact we even made the tourney recently was amazing.

Moose Stuff

Forced to assume you don’t grasp the complete absurdity of making a comparison between TCU basketball and Indiana basketball.

BABYFACE

Your logic is tremendously shocking. The guy pointed out that a coach who is competitively paid and has every amount of funding, facility and help in the nation has under performed. We had four kids transfer this year... Is this not a red flag? We have choked away games better than any team in the country. Our offense is absolutely deplorable.

All lawfrog said was that we need to get over the NIT win... Is this that big of a problem? Is it not a fact? Get over yourself man. Hold people accountable- oh wait... I forgot we do not do that in this fan base- just little old TCU.

Ah, Lawfrog has another log in handle. Good for you.

BABYFACE

I think there are some posters who are satisfied with 18-22 win teams in basketball that make the tourney most years and hopefully make a run every once in a while and are satisfied with 8-10 win football teams with an 11-12 win team every once in a while, and there are some posters who expect 25+ win basketball teams and 11+ win football teams every year. Sports are hard. People are stupid
Not satisfied per me. But I don’t have unrealistic expectations either. I don’t expect TCU to be Alabama in FB, neither should any of us.

My expectations that TCU is capable of winning a NC in baseball and FB. Basketball is moving in that direction and hopefully they will get to the point.

Some confuse realistic expectations with the idea of idea of being satisfied with just competing. Winning Big 12 titles and NC’s should always be the goal.

Last edited:

BABYFACE

For those in the "I can't believe" crowd, no one is calling for Dixon's head. Merely stating that our offensive execution has been poor (indisputable fact, 100% true) and saying that we should desire to continue to ascend as a program isn't "trolling,"dumbassery" or "moronic." It's discussing accountability. You should take a gander at the boards of most premier athletic programs, they make this board look like alter boys in terms of complaining. Just relax, it's ok if someone makes an observation that isn't getting on your knees and bowing down to every decision a TCU employee has ever made.

Nope, it is not that. When a poster puts something out there that is over the top and away from the mainstream of the thread, it is going to cause a reaction. I agree everyone has the right to an opinion. But curious to why you think people shouldn’t have a reaction to an opinion.

Eight

Samuel is too soft is funny to hear,

Comparing us to Indiana is absurd. We have no historical significance as a basketball program and were absolutely awful the last 10 years until Dixon showed up. Then we won the NIT and made the tourney.

Fisher didn’t transfer, his knee is a mess and he’s going to Europe or something.
Archie was given advice by a bunch of idiots and now he’s going to UTEP and can’t play until 2020.
Angus had health issues or something and is done.
Alok wasn’t good and is gone too.

We are trying to catch up to teams that have been out recruiting us forever. Baylor, UT, OU, Kansas, K St, Iowa St, and even Tech. They get 4* guys all the time who don’t even make an impact until later in their career. Only Kansas gets the one and done guys.

Some of yall are acting like we signed or should be landing 5* kids bc Dixon showed up. He didn’t even do that at Pitt. Just be lucky we’ve got him and Ryan Miller recruiting for us. PJ Fuller turned down all the big names and chose us. Diante Smith also turned down a ton of big time programs. Be patient fellas. We literally went through a season with 0 conference wins. The fact we even made the tourney recently was amazing.

i have already addressed the idea it was a miracle tcu made the nit and ncaa in jamie's first two years. there was talent on campus when he took over the program.

he did a great job of changing the attitude and expectations of the program and that can not be overstated.

in regards to the being out recruited forever......well that isn't exactly true. if we are talking elite talent let's take a quick look at 247's rankings for reference and since tcu joined the big 12 which program has signed the most 5 and 4 star recruits. i apologize but i am too lazy to tract transfers.

kansas 24 totals (11 5-stars/13 4-stars)
texas 24 (5/19)
baylor 13 (1/12)
isu 11(0/11)
ok state 8 (1/7)
wvu 7 (0/7)
ou 8 (1/7)
tcu 6 (0/6)
tt 4(0/4)
ksu 1 (0/1)

huh.....tech and k state at the bottom.....hmmmm...what if we look at the 2016-2018 classes?

tx 13 (3/10) shaka doing a lot less with more than anyone else
ku 10(4/6)
tcu 5 (0/5)
isu 5 (0/5)
bay 4 (0/4)
ou 4 (0/4)
tt 3 (0/3)
ok st 2 (0/2)
wvu 2 (0/2)
ksu 0 (0/0)

wait......tcu has been outrecruited forever right? how is tech and ksu near the top of the conference standings? i guess tcu is the only one who has had key players go down with injuries right?

dixon has done a great job and there is very good talent on the way. half his recruits haven't panned out for a variety of reasons and there has been some bad luck, but there isn't a reason to spin a story that just hasn't been the case.