• The KillerFrogs

Dixon?

froginmn

For those in the "I can't believe" crowd, no one is calling for Dixon's head. Merely stating that our offensive execution has been poor (indisputable fact, 100% true) and saying that we should desire to continue to ascend as a program isn't "trolling,"dumbassery" or "moronic." It's discussing accountability. You should take a gander at the boards of most premier athletic programs, they make this board look like alter boys in terms of complaining. Just relax, it's ok if someone makes an observation that isn't getting on your knees and bowing down to every decision a TCU employee has ever made.
You have every right to say things that make you sound like a dumbass.

Just be ready for people to call you a dumbass when you do.

LawFrog504

Nope, it is not that. When a poster puts something out there that is over the top and away from the mainstream of the thread, it is going to cause a reaction. I agree everyone has the right to an opinion. But curious to why you think people shouldn’t have a reaction to an opinion.
Please tell me one single thing I said that was "over the top." In all seriousness, point to one single thing. My points were 1) Let's move forward from the NIT and keep progression 2) our offense has been below average.

If that's over the top then I can't help you. To you, anything short of petitioning The Vatican to qualify every TCU coach for sainthood is "over the top" and "away from the mainstream." Jesus god, you need to get outside your bubble. You have absolutely no idea what the world is like if you think these 2 points are "over the top."

LawFrog504

You have every right to say things that make you sound like a dumbass.

Just be ready for people to call you a dumbass when you do.
Would love to hear evidence for this. Or you can just keep claiming things without any basis to substantiate your claims. Keep it up and you might land a key role with Empire

Pharm Frog

Ok, but it kind of comes with the territory of being paid $3M and wanting to be considered a basketball school. You live up in Indiana I believe, how do IU fans feel about Archie Miller about now?....and he's only in his second year. I haven't been to their message boards, but I would imagine there's more than a few people pretty disappointed, if not calling for his job.

And nobody here is saying Dixon needs to go.

What is it with you and B1G athletic programs?

AroundWorldFrog

giphy.gif

Chongo94

Why do you say this?

Seems as if people are just talking over or past one another rather than seeing the points each side of this topic have made, which I get happens but for some reason I just couldn’t take it anymore.

Not sure if it’s the member(s) trolling or the usual know-it-all’s that were my breaking point this time. Either way, this thread needs more images of Ana de Armas in my humble opinion.

ana-de-armas-gq-mexico-april-2018-7.jpg

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Ok, but it kind of comes with the territory of being paid $3M and wanting to be considered a basketball school. You live up in Indiana I believe, how do IU fans feel about Archie Miller about now?....and he's only in his second year. I haven't been to their message boards, but I would imagine there's more than a few people pretty disappointed, if not calling for his job.

And nobody here is saying Dixon needs to go.

So far I haven’t heard a single negative column nor comments. These people think they are experts when it comes to basketball. I think they are realists to. They may not want to admit it, take away Bobby Knight and I’m not sure even IU measures up.

Wanting TCU to be a basketball school is a laudable, but lofty goal. I hope TCU can become another Duke. But then I’ve been wanting TCU to be considered an elite football school too. I think the odds of either of them happening may in reality be slim (especially after our debacle with the first playoff in football).

Just the same, I think Dixon has done pretty damned well in his short tenure and the strides we’ve made in football and baseball since I was in school 5 decades ago have been nothing less than spectacular.

Maybe no one actually called for JDs firing, but “Dixon?” As a heading sure isn’t a vote of confidence.

Wexahu

Forced to assume you don’t grasp the complete absurdity of making a comparison between TCU basketball and Indiana basketball.

No, I fully understand the difference. But when you're paying a coach $3M/year they should look like a very well-coached team regardless of whether we won a national championship or sucked to high heaven 5 years ago, or whether we are TCU or Duke. All that has nothing to do with us not being a traditional power. We are losing too many games IMO because of silly mistakes and bad play, and as I've said, we don't look like a well-coached team to me.

It's funny to me how nobody seems to want to set expectations for the program or a time-frame for meeting them.

Wexahu

So far I haven’t heard a single negative column nor comments. These people think they are experts when it comes to basketball. I think they are realists to. They may not want to admit it, take away Bobby Knight and I’m not sure even IU measures up.

I just perused TheHoosier.com. You must be looking at difference stuff. Literally half the stuff on there is mostly trashing Archie. There's even an "Archie Miller Apologist" thread. Not even two years into his tenure!!

Not comparing us to Indiana, but the idea that it's crazy to discuss the job a coach is doing (one making six figures every two weeks) three years into his tenure is pretty crazy itself.

Dogfrog

Indiana has 39 NCAA tournament bids and 5 National championships. TCU has 8 NCAA bids and no final fours in its history. This kind of record breeds an understandable difference in the type of fan expectation between the two schools.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I just perused TheHoosier.com. You must be looking at difference stuff. Literally half the stuff on there is mostly trashing Archie. There's even an "Archie Miller Apologist" thread. Not even two years into his tenure!!

Not comparing us to Indiana, but the idea that it's crazy to discuss the job a coach is doing (one making six figures every two weeks) three years into his tenure is pretty crazy itself.

I don’t peruse theirs or anyone’s sites. I said columns and should have said adult conversations. The people on their site seem about as rational as some of ours.

Pretty much every coach at a major university makes big money. And sure, you can have expectations, but you seem to be ignoring mitigating factors coaching has no control of, ie defections, injuries, et al.