• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 vs SEC Challenge 2020

Eight

now, i think rj has gotten better and i think there are things rj does very, very well.

when he puts the ball on the floor and attacks the basket the outcome is usually very good, but he just isn't a good 3 point shooter.

this is the part of the tcu offense that gets frustrating. the tech second half was so good because the frogs attacked the areas they had an advantage and did not force things.

no way dennis should have 11 shots in a game and for all he did today samuel only got 12 shots

Eight

this is absolutely ridiculous.....this can’t happen

part of the problem is arkansas did a very good job defending bane and desmond simply can not have a game where he only gets 6 shots off in 37 minutes.

i would love to hear from skip or some of the others as to what could be done to free desmond in that situation, but simply he can't only take 6 shots.

dennis is incredibly confident and aggressive while farabello isn't and that leads to the situation where dennis or rj try to fill the void.

flyfishingfrog

part of the problem is arkansas did a very good job defending bane and desmond simply can not have a game where he only gets 6 shots off in 37 minutes.

i would love to hear from skip or some of the others as to what could be done to free desmond in that situation, but simply he can't only take 6 shots.

dennis is incredibly confident and aggressive while farabello isn't and that leads to the situation where dennis or rj try to fill the void.
Having more than 1 guy per night that can actually make a shot would help

I keep being told how great our new guys are going to be with time but at the moment no one is stepping up to fill any void and it shows

Skip Jansen

I made a post a few weeks ago comparing 'Principle' coaches to ''Scheme' coaches.

Jamie doesn't really run sets or focus on 'special' situations. The shots come from within the confines of the offense.

I don't know if that answers your question but that's kinda how it works.

Eight

I made a post a few weeks ago comparing 'Principle' coaches to ''Scheme' coaches.

Jamie doesn't really run sets or focus on 'special' situations. The shots come from within the confines of the offense.

I don't know if that answers your question but that's kinda how it works.

understand, but does that mean they have nothing in their offense to free a specific shooter?

i already know they have a preclusion to letting their big touch the ball too frequently, but i would think if you have a talent like bane you don't have so way with staggered screens or something to free him and not just hope the others get hot

Skip Jansen

understand, but does that mean they have nothing in their offense to free a specific shooter?

i already know they have a preclusion to letting their big touch the ball too frequently, but i would think if you have a talent like bane you don't have so way with staggered screens or something to free him and not just hope the others get hot

Eight-

Im not disagreeing with you. I think the theory would be that screens should be set better and cuts should be harder, etc. And that leads to good shots.

Like I said, sets and special situations is not what they work on. Jamie believes that doing a few things really good is better than doing a lot of things just okay.

Purp

I think the biggest difference tonight was the pigs had 2 guys step up to score with their best player and we had KS only when Bane was shut down. Dennis shot a half dozen wide open 3s and clanked them all. RJ didn't have a good night at all. The youngsters didn't contribute many points either.

When that happens we don't win many games if any.

Flip Frog

Eight-

Im not disagreeing with you. I think the theory would be that screens should be set better and cuts should be harder, etc. And that leads to good shots.

Like I said, sets and special situations is not what they work on. Jamie believes that doing a few things really good is better than doing a lot of things just okay.
Skip... what wound you are those few things we do really well then? I fail to see it.

Skip Jansen

I think the biggest difference tonight was the pigs had 2 guys step up to score with their best player and we had KS only when Bane was shut down. Dennis shot a half dozen wide open 3s and clanked them all. RJ didn't have a good night at all. The youngsters didn't contribute many points either.

When that happens we don't win many games if any.

I will never blame a kid on a message board but the fact of the matter is this-

On nights when Des is taken away, RJ has to take the lead (like he did vs. ISU). Jamie has put a lot on him by putting the ball in his hands to initiate the offense. 7 TOs and 2 Assts is not a winning formula for the initiator.

Last edited:

berryfrog95

Musselman had a great game plan for Bane and we had no answer at the end of the day. Not sure we had an great game plan for Arkys beat scorers and that is frustrating

MTfrog5

Just finished watching the game but goodness that reminded me watching games at WVU. Refs refusing to call anything on them but dumb calls agaisnt TCU. When Dixon gets a warning 5 minutes into the game I knew it would be a long day. They did a great job taking Des away and Samuel played a fantastic game. Really really wish our senior PG would take care of the ball like a senior should. I’d rather watch Bello for 40 minutes at this point. Did I mention the refs sucked?