• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 vs SEC Challenge 2020

Skip Jansen

Just finished watching the game but goodness that reminded me watching games at WVU. Refs refusing to call anything on them but dumb calls agaisnt TCU. When Dixon gets a warning 5 minutes into the game I knew it would be a long day. They did a great job taking Des away and Samuel played a fantastic game. Really really wish our senior PG would take care of the ball like a senior should. I’d rather watch Bello for 40 minutes at this point. Did I mention the refs sucked?

The officiating was pathetic but that's pretty standard nowadays. College basketball refs just aren't good. Plus, Arkansas played the best Ive seen them play this year.

Skip Jansen

College basketball is the worst officiated sport I know of. It favors the home team all the time.

I agree.

Making certain rules "Points of Emphasis" is an absolute joke. All that does is gives inept officials something to focus on going into games. That makes their thought process 'pre-conceived'. That's exactly opposite of how proper officiating works.

Randomly calling 'Palming' the basketball is a perfect example. Pitiful.

CountryFrog

I agree.

Making certain rules "Points of Emphasis" is an absolute joke. All that does is gives inept officials something to focus on going into games. That makes their thought process 'pre-conceived'. That's exactly opposite of how proper officiating works.

Randomly calling 'Palming' the basketball is a perfect example. Pitiful.
The way palming and traveling are called in college basketball is maddening. As you said, it does appear to be very random. I see lots of things that look like a violation and aren't called and then suddenly something gets called that doesn't look as bad as the ones that weren't called.

It's gotta be incredibly frustrating for players and coaches too. I'd feel better about it if it seemed more even for both teams but there have been several games this year where those calls were heavily slanted against us.

Skip Jansen

The way palming and traveling are called in college basketball is maddening. As you said, it does appear to be very random. I see lots of things that look like a violation and aren't called and then suddenly something gets called that doesn't look as bad as the ones that weren't called.

It's gotta be incredibly frustrating for players and coaches too. I'd feel better about it if it seemed more even for both teams but there have been several games this year where those calls were heavily slanted against us.

Agree with everything.

They do so many things wrong it's hard to discuss them all. One of my biggest problems is when you see an official make a call based on the outcome of a play. That is the definition of manipulating the game. Thats scary because the official is putting his own value on the play.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

If we don’t make the field of 64 I don’t think we can be called solid. And I don’t think we finish in the top 5-6.
Now you're projecting. I could just as easily counter with "yes we will finish in the top 5 and make the tournament" but I have no idea where we will end up and neither do you.

You said that we're not a solid team as in present tense. But it's an undeniable fact that RIGHT NOW we are a top 5-6 team in the Big 12 which would be almost the definition of "solid."

I also disagree with the idea that you have to make the NCAA tournament to be a solid team.