• The KillerFrogs

Search results

1. F

Football roster

Was just perusing the roster. Noticed that the Ankrom and Staubach names are no longer on the roster. Also curious about the walk-on QB, I think his last name was Parga? He looked promising in the video's I saw. But noticed his name is no longer on the roster either. Inquiring mind inquiring!
  2. F

Tucker Devries to West Virginia as men's basketball coach.

KCCI News out of Des Moines just reported that Drake men's basketball coach Darian Devries is headed to be the coach of West Virginia. It is predicted that his son Tucker will go with him to WVU. Tucker is an outstanding basketball player.
  3. F

Who's making the trip to Ames?

Curious as to who is making the trip to Ames? Mrs. Frog Preacher and I will be there. Of course it is only a 45 mile drive for us. Was looking at a ticket site last night and there seems to be a good many tickets left. Also, if you feel so inclined and have time, be blessed to have you join...
  4. F

Positives Today

The run game when used was excellent. More Emani Bailey and Trey Sanders please. Battle as well. Please more throws to Wiley, Curtis and Bech. The kick-off return by Everhart was electric. We need to see more of him as well. Where was Cordale Russell today? Saw Reppenhagen in a brace...
  5. F

Tape Fingers-Why?

Why the tape on his fingers? Can someone explain this to me? What a sad game today!
  6. F

Scatter Shooting While Wondering Whatever Happened To-Sewo Olonilua?

Channeling my inner Blackie Sherrod { I know there are for sure folks here who are old enough to remember him and his columns!) Anyone know what Sewo is doing these days? I would for sure have him on my roster if I owned/managed a team. Riff Ram!
  7. F

New QB on the roster-Jimmy Weirick

Noticed there is a new QB on the roster. Jimmy Weirick. Former All-Ohio player in high school. Played for Wofford and his stats looked really good at that level including a good game against Virginia Tech. https://gofrogs.com/sports/football/roster/jimmy-weirick/15859
  8. F

QB in transfer portal-What about Sam Huard?

I see where Huard remains available in the portal. Worth a look or thought of bringing to the team?
  9. F

Status of some listed as Seniors

I am curious as to the status of some seniors who have not declared for the draft or used up their eligibility. Or have a Covid year to use. Noah Daniels Gunnar Henderson (would love to see him back for another year!) Millard Bradford Griffin Kell (really need back!) Colt Ellison Carter Ware...
  10. F

Quincy Brown and the transfer portal????

I am taken aback by the fact that Quincy has entered the transfer portal. Until he was injured he was starting and a big part of the offense. Two touchdowns early on if I remember right. Since he was out because of injury and QJ is leaving, why in the world would he enter the portal? Thoughts...
  11. F

Position change-Everhart

Was looking at the roster and noticed that Major Everhart is now listed at WR. Enough depth at RB that this was a natural and positive move for him or is WR thought to be a better fit for him? Go Frogs!!
  12. F

Alex Honig-Now listed at TE on 2022 roster

Was looking at the additions and changes on the 2022 roster and saw that Alex Honig is now listed at TE. Perspective from anyone on how they think he will do at that position?
  13. F

2022 Roster-Super Seniors

Looking at the 2022 roster and saw a a number of names of players returning for another year. Super Seniors I believe they are being called. Emari Demercado had already been mentioned as returning and I think Wes Harris as well but here are others that I saw on the roster; Taye Barber Derius...
  14. F

Quarterback Question-Trent Battle. Is He in the Mix?

Not a person in the know about all of these things though certainly a huge TCU fan. When we talk about quarterbacks what do we see as to who is going to be in the QB room this season? I have seen no mention of Trent Battle. I know he was highly rated and highly regarded. Redshirt to...
  15. F

Iowa State's Rasir Bolton enters transfer portal

Local Des Moines news station just reported during sports that Rasir Bolton has entered the transfer portal. He was their leading scorer this past season. His post on twitter makes it sound like he was planning on staying on at the school but wasn't being given that opportunity. New coach at...
  16. F

Steve Prohm out at Iowa State

Living in Iowa now and about 45 miles or so from Ames, about an hour from Des Moines. Saw in the news that Prohm is out at Iowa State. Won the conference championship in 2019 and then 2-22 this season. Will be interesting to see whom they hire.
  17. F

TCU vs. Prairie View

Didn't listen to the pre-game but radio guys said that Nembhard is out with an injury? Any news on what that is?
  18. F

Transfer Portal Question

Question for those of you know who about this kind of thing. When someone enters the transfer portal, I know they are no longer on the team. Does that mean they are no longer on scholarship and if no longer on scholarship do they have to pay their own way at school or do they generally leave...
  19. F

Roster Changes already-Al'Dontre Davis no longer listed

Before the first game every season I print off a copy of the roster so I can know who the numbers are for new players, etc. After this past Saturday's game I wondered about people who didn't play on Saturday. Today I looked at the roster again to see if some folks were still on there and...
  20. F

Roster Updated=12 QB's on the roster!!

12 QB's now on the roster!! 12!! I hope that we beat Smu so badly that some back-ups get playing time, but 12 QB's!! Who is it that they are thinking will be Duggan's back-up? Will it be Matthew Downing or Stephon Brown? Not in the know here so curious as to what insight some of you might have.