• The KillerFrogs

QB in transfer portal-What about Sam Huard?

TCUWIN

I wonder if portal talk has settled a bit on the QB front so they can focus on the former Florida commit. Any word on how his visit went or if we have any serious interest?

82 Frog Fever

Will we get in on Jaxon Dart after Lane pushes him out during Spring ball?
It’s possible.
Sam Jackson jumping prematurely into the portal and leaving for Cal. has put TCU in a bind.
We now have 1 QB that can run, but he is small & possibly injury prone, so we probably need 2 dual-threat QBs.…and one needs to be D1 experienced.

Neither Hoover or Davila (‘24) would currently be considered a dual-threat QB.

I read rumor today that Sam Huard is seriously considering Cal Poly which is an FCS school. Finished tied for last in the Big Sky conference in 2022 at 1-7, 2-9 overall. His former high school coach took a job there a couple weeks ago as OC.

Hard to believe he would do that, but the reason he left his beloved Washington is he wants to start this season and he would be assured of that at Cal Poly. He was not willing to wait one more year at Washington.

Stanford needs a QB so that might make sense too.

Both Huard and Walker Howard’s star rankings have dropped from 5 and high 4-star to borderline 3/4 star on On3 at 88.00. Sam Jackson is now graded slightly ahead of both at 89.00, sheesh. 247 has Huard and Sam Jackson tied at .9000 with Howard at .9200.

Last edited:

TCUWIN

True. But I read somewhere on this forum that KB was going to Calif "late this week" to visit with him...that may be what TCUWIN was referencing.
I could be wrong, but I thought I saw he visited last weekend after his ASU visit and was visiting again this week. Again, I could be wrong. And may be I misread that KB went to visit him following his ASU visit.

FrogPreacher

I read rumor today that Sam Huard is seriously considering Cal Poly which is an FCS school. Finished tied for last in the Big Sky conference in 2022 at 1-7, 2-9 overall. His former high school coach took a job there a couple weeks ago as OC.

Hard to believe he would do that, but the reason he left his beloved Washington is he wants to start this season and he would be assured of that at Cal Poly. He was not willing to wait one more year at Washington.

Stanford needs a QB so that might make sense too.

Both Huard and Walker Howard’s star rankings have dropped from 5-star to borderline 3/4 star on On3 at 88.00. Sam Jackson is now graded slightly ahead of both at 89.00, sheesh. 247 has Huard and Sam Jackson tied at .9000 with Howard at .9200.
Thanks for the info. This was the kind of reply I was hoping for.

JogginFrog

FCS or not, there are a lot worse places to spend a year of your life than San Luis Obispo.

Eight

Maybe so, but football history is littered with great QBs who weren’t produced by good football schools.

Kurt Warner, Tony Romo, Josh Allen, Phil Simms…..there are a lot of them.

true, one could make the case for each of those they got better after college as well, though in this case a 29-year old is most likely peaked before getting out of college

Chongo94

It’s possible.
Sam Jackson jumping prematurely into the portal and leaving for Cal. has put TCU in a bind.
We now have 1 QB that can run, but he is small & possibly injury prone, so we probably need 2 dual-threat QBs.…and one needs to be D1 experienced.

Neither Hoover or Davila (‘24) would currently be considered a dual-threat QB.
This may come off a bit as sour grapes but the karma might be almost too sweet if this Rashada guy ended up at Cal and beat out Jackson…