• The KillerFrogs

Steve Prohm out at Iowa State

FrogPreacher

Living in Iowa now and about 45 miles or so from Ames, about an hour from Des Moines. Saw in the news that Prohm is out at Iowa State. Won the conference championship in 2019 and then 2-22 this season. Will be interesting to see whom they hire.

LVH

After 1 bad season? Is there more to this story?

He was never a good coach. He under achieved with Hoiberg's players and couldn't coach in game at all. He recruited well and did nothing with it. They had a bad year last year too.

What cracks me up is that the leading candidate to replace him is TJ Otzelberger who has done nothing here at UNLV since he took over. I hope they hire him so they can remain irrelevant because UNLV has been terrible under him. Iowa State thinks because Otz was Hoiberg's top assistant and recruiter that it can work... but Otz is just like Prohm in that he can recruit but can't coach

LVH

For those who want to fire Jamie, just know, this is exactly the type of coach we'd be looking to hire to replace him... Some previous success story needing a turnaround.

I'd rather ride with Jamie.

I want our next hire to be a coach who has proven he can build up a program from nothing.

There is a man 2 hours west of Fort Worth who has done just that. We've been in the Big 12 longer than ACU has been in Division 1.

Endless Purple

For those who want to fire Jamie, just know, this is exactly the type of coach we'd be looking to hire to replace him... Some previous success story needing a turnaround.

I'd rather ride with Jamie.

Wasn’t JD the same type of hire?
I would say no. CJD had a many successful years as a head coach. He was not just some one who was an assistant under a previously successful head coach.

There are some similarities only in that he had success under the previous coaches players.

I want our next hire to be a coach who has proven he can build up a program from nothing.

There is a man 2 hours west of Fort Worth who has done just that. We've been in the Big 12 longer than ACU has been in Division 1.

Let me introduce you to the man who built the formerly great Nevada Wolfpack MBB team!

800px-CoachTJ2.jpg

wilson912

he would be a great hire, somebody’s gonna get him

Brog

Living in Iowa now and about 45 miles or so from Ames, about an hour from Des Moines. Saw in the news that Prohm is out at Iowa State. Won the conference championship in 2019 and then 2-22 this season. Will be interesting to see whom they hire.

You suppose they might go after Dixon?