• The KillerFrogs

Tape Fingers-Why?

Horny4TCU

Supposedly it’s so players on the field can see him and see what he is calling from the sidelines more easily.

Still think it’s gay.
Gay and not effective.

You've gotta call good plays for it to make sense. Red zone throws, when the team is running it so well don't make sense.

He still plays for Baylor. The only consolation is Baylor lost to Texas St. today. EABD Sonny, Briles, and Gillipsie. Your job was to get the team ready and you all crapped the bed on that one. What are you getting paid for? Own it you POS. This on you. Get em ready and get em playing together. Don't politic and go to meetings all summer, thinking the team is ready. Get a vibe and make sure we are. You didn't earn anything today, especially my respect.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Well, Sonny likes to do favors for his Old Friends. The ability of these persons to do their assigned tasks seems unimportant next to a move to gratify a member of the Old Buddy Network.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Some people are saying Art Briles orchestrated the destruction of the alma mater tradition by getting his son to sabotage it. Others say he just called in a favor with his old pal Sonny.

PurpleSouthpaw

Some people are saying Art Briles orchestrated the destruction of the alma mater tradition by getting his son to sabotage it. Others say he just called in a favor with his old pal Sonny.
By people, do you mean yourself making baseless rumors because your fee-fees are hurt about stuff going on with the program that you don’t agree with?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
What does this have to do with my question?
Do you think he gets hired if he isn't the son of an Old Buddy? A lot was apparently overlooked in order to hire the person Sonny wanted, much of which was on display Saturday.

The tape is evidently a personal idiosyncrasy that he believes helps players on the field see his signs. Considering his playcalling, it is probably best if they don't.

Limey Frog

Me yelling from the stands: "RUN THE DAMN BALL!" #rtdb
Truly. If you know you were a controversial hire, why would you start by losing a game because you refused to do the thing that would obviously work? Either you're an idiot or a double-agent, possibly in this case you're both.

Maybe Art has has the last laugh after all.