• The KillerFrogs

New QB on the roster-Jimmy Weirick

FrogPreacher

Noticed there is a new QB on the roster. Jimmy Weirick. Former All-Ohio player in high school. Played for Wofford and his stats looked really good at that level including a good game against Virginia Tech.

froginmn

Not related to Jimmy Wyrick from DeSoto, who played at Minnesota and in the league, or his son Jimmy from SOC, who is now at Stanford.

But I think Jimmy is a good pickup; yes we have limited depth and having an option for a grad transfer who's taken snaps is good.

Chance Nolan left, correct?

JogginFrog

Odd move. Are we that thin at QB we need this guy to run scout team for 12 months…?

Already a senior
I think a capable scout team QB is one of the most valuable guys on a college roster. Someone with the smarts to replicate a different team's O every week and the athleticism to create a meaningful imitation--seems important and not easy to find.

SwissArmyFrog

Watching the vid, I saw some interesting team nicknames I had to look up.

Catamounts - a medium-sized or large wild cat, especially a cougar.

Paladins - 1870's gentleman gunfighters who travel around the Old West working as mercenaries for people who hire them to solve their problems. They have a gun, and will travel to your location.

:)

Last edited:

Purp

So someone needs to warn Jimmie about running wildly up the sidelines and into an official when he gets excited? Or maybe he will help keep track of the number of games without going scoreless?
Just make sure he stays outside the white lines when we're kicking off.

That Cheez-It Bowl was bonkers. I may pull that up on YouTube this week. Sewo was the only player/coach/ref/admin on the field for both teams who didn't look like he was log rolling while drunk with an inner ear infection.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse

Paladins - 1870's gentlemen gunfighters who travel around the Old West working as mercenaries for people who hire them to solve their problems. They have a gun, and will travel to your location.

Also Paladin

Attachments

• IMG_6908.jpeg
    IMG_6908.jpeg
    588.3 KB · Views: 4

Spike

Paladins - 1870's gentleman gunfighters who travel around the Old West working as mercenaries for people who hire them to solve their problems. They have a gun, and will travel to your location.

We played Vermont in baseball, dang 15 years ago.

Virginia Frog

Makes me think of the 1957-63 "Western" TV series "Have Gun - Will Travel".

Wiki description:
"This series follows the adventures of a man calling himself "Paladin" (played by Richard Boone on television and voiced by John Dehner on radio), taking his name from that of the foremost knights in Charlemagne's court. He is a gentleman investigator/gunfighter who travels around the Old West working as a mercenary for people who hire him to solve their problems."

His business card said "Paladin, Have Gun- Will Travel." As a kind I always thought that was soooo cool!

Palliative Care

Paladin wore all black when out on the road plying his trade. At his base in San Francisco he was a sharp dressing man of wealth. There was a pilot episode where he was a misfit running away from trouble back east and was saved by another paladin. That person dies and a new paladin emerged from this experience.

This was a really good show with dramatic rather shoot them up plots.