• The KillerFrogs

So, what are the odds of having a football season this fall?

Will there be a season this fall? Poll

• Hell, yes. We gotta have football

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • No way in hell.

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Well, maybe.

Votes: 41 50.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Regarding the probability of football in 2020.....my normally inherent sense of optimism has begun to acquiesce

to an equally ardent sense of reality. These latest most positive estimates are indicating a minimum of a year

before any reliably effective treatment will be available.....'hope springs eternal'

tcumaniac

Is season ticket renewal deadline still April 17?
June 1st. They sent this out on Monday:

92267600_10216121505699765_3555995224712937472_o.jpg
92809715_10216121505979772_8237373173486583808_o.jpg

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
A representative from TCU rang the other day, curious about my renewal status. I asked him what the word was from On High as to whether there would be a Season or not.

They don't know.

Bizarro Frog

Zero chance unless there is a vaccine, cure or most of the population has been exposed and recovered from it. This is not an enemy that lays down its arms and surrenders as if the war is declared over. It only needs a very small opening to return and disrupt society again. It will keep coming until we whoop it’s arse for good.

Froglaw

I was optimistic that we'd have a return to normalcy by June 15. After Pharm jumped that opinion, I looked at the expert talking heads and the charts showing new outbreak projections.

Absent a waiver of safeguards by the FDA on testing a vaccine (which is the only way it happens in the USA), massive testing is the only thing that saves the season.

If those of us who never caught it can somehow be protected, then maybe.

Pharm Frog

I was optimistic that we'd have a return to normalcy by June 15. After Pharm jumped that opinion, I looked at the expert talking heads and the charts showing new outbreak projections.

Absent a waiver of safeguards by the FDA on testing a vaccine (which is the only way it happens in the USA), massive testing is the only thing that saves the season.

If the football season is not “saved” this year, we’ll have far more important things to concern ourselves with and only a small portion of that will be viral infection.

McFroggin

Even massive testing couldn’t save the season. 1 person with a false negative test inside a stadium of 45k is essentially a bio-bomb. This season is dead without a vaccine, and I doubt we have a vaccine approved, mass produced, and distributed in under 9 months.

After the quarantine, expect to see politicians slowly open up different sectors of the economy. Masks will become a common aspect of life in public. Large gatherings of 10 or more will be strongly discouraged. Life will continue to be different until a vaccine or herd immunity is reached. Neither occurs in 6 months.

jake102

They need to have the plan ready tomorrow to play the season without fans. I don’t understand why this hasn’t been worked out yet. It’s really not that difficult

HFrog1999

There may never be a vaccine and there certainly won’t be a safe one developed before the season.

The rationale for the quarantine of healthy people was to prevent overwhelming the hospitals. In Texas we haven’t even come close to our capacity.

I don’t think Covid 19 is going anywhere anytime soon. We have to decide if we’re going to live our lives or not.

Most people have mild or even no symptoms and over 98% recover.

If we have a season I’ll attend the games. If we don’t or they try to play without fans, Major College Football will have a hard time recovering.

What are the thoughts out there on this?
The liberals, in support of this country's economy tanking because in their feeble minds that will make sure President Trump does not get re-elected, do not want football to start on time or any time. The reasonable folks say football will start on time. I mean, the country is opening back up on May 1 so why not?

Eight

have become a master at free cell

also watched a documentary on the barkley marathons which is considered one of if not the most difficult trail runs in the world

less than 20 finishers in 30+ years of running the race

Brog

After all these years experiencing the flu (influenza), and still experiencing around 45,000 death a year in the US alone from the flu, and annually trying to guess a flu vaccine that will work, and usually hitting about a 60% success rate............what are the chances of quickly getting an effective coronavirus vaccine? Doesn't look very likely to me. But hope so.

Moose Stuff

After all these years experiencing the flu (influenza), and still experiencing around 45,000 death a year in the US alone from the flu, and annually trying to guess a flu vaccine that will work, and usually hitting about a 60% success rate............what are the chances of quickly getting an effective coronavirus vaccine? Doesn't look very likely to me. But hope so.

Just as effective as the flu vaccine? I would say very good depending on how you define quickly.

Pharm Frog

Well...why don’t we start by figuring out how long it’s taken us to get vaccines for other coronaviruses and start from there.

Pharm Frog

Here we go with Coronaviruses that infect humans

229E - Time to vaccine (still waiting)
NL63 - Time to vaccine (still waiting)
OC43 - Time to vaccine (still waiting)
HKU1 - Time to vaccine (still waiting)

SARS - Time to vaccine (still waiting)
MERS - Time to vaccine (still waiting)

Average time to approved coronavirus vaccine = infinity divided by cheeseburger raised to the 5th power. Not being a jerk on this but this stuff ain’t as easy as some TV pundits make it sound.

4th. down

The liberals, in support of this country's economy tanking because in their feeble minds that will make sure President Trump does not get re-elected, do not want football to start on time or any time. The reasonable folks say football will start on time. I mean, the country is opening back up on May 1 so why not?

It's a stretch and probably wishful thinking, but eliminate the preseason, and start conf. play Oct. 1st., and fall camp Sept. 1st., which would put OSU in the Carter on Oct. 3rd.

Can we find a spot for him?

Last edited: