• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Media Days: Day 2 (WVU, Texas, Baylor, KSU & OSU) - LIVE BLOG

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
"Is it a better strategy to find top talent through transfers than recruiting HS?"

Good question. Going into the Big XII from the Big East was a learning experience. We had a talent issue going into the conference, we knew that and had to address it. Getting good Northeast HS kids has been key and we think we've been successful, but we've also been successful finding JC kids.

TxFrog1999

Reddit - "Depth is always a concern, how do you handle it?"

Depth is getting better and better every year, and we have a recruiting strategy to fill holes.

TxFrog1999

"Does it motivate the team having a marquee game right out of the gate?"

We're very proud of playing power 5 schools, I wish everybody would do that. It's not fair that other conferences don't do that, but we're going to keep doing it because it's fair to our fanbase to play great local schools.

TxFrog1999

"How much do you vet your transfers?"

We research it, not only with 4 year guys but with grad transfers. With those guys you need to figure out why they're transferring, and with the new transfer rule I don't know what I think about it, I don't want a guy that is transferring because "coach isn't giving me a chance" that is bull.

TxFrog1999

"How are you adjusting to not calling plays anymore?"

I had to do something, so I became interested in Special Teams.

TxFrog1999

"You guys are promoting Will for Heisman, how do you think he can handles those expectations?"

I would never approve a campaign unless I thought a player could handle it, and Will is an older mature coaches kids. I got no worries about him.

TxFrog1999

"Thoughts on legalized sports gambling? How should the league handle sports injuries?"

It's a high profile situation, we've discussed it in our office and administration, and we'll address it with our players. I don't think our players will go and do that, they're the most recognizable people in our state and if they're dumb enough to do that they're dumb enough to do a lot of things.

:D

TxFrog1999

"Does it surprise you that Snyder came back?"

Nothing he does surprises me, I've always looked up to him, I'll be lucky to be here when I'm 79. Snyder is one of the most respected guys in the game, and he's incredibly gracious before the game.

Eight

"Thoughts on legalized sports gambling? How should the league handle sports injuries?"

It's a high profile situation, we've discussed it in our office and administration, and we'll address it with our players. I don't think our players will go and do that, they're the most recognizable people in our state and if they're dumb enough to do that they're dumb enough to do a lot of things.

:D

it is comments like this last one by dana and gary's comments yesterday that really having me wishing the impossible wish of every game i watch would be with gary and dana together with a clicker providing the commentary

Eight

drinking game 1999, you and shannon have to take a shot each time mensa throws a former or current member of his staff or players under the bus for last years results

TxFrog1999

Texas - Tom Herman

Great to be back in the metroplex and thank our new AD and a great friend Chris Del Conte, we now have a championship administration.

TxFrog1999

We've had very little attrition on our roster. Our record wasn't up to our expectations, but anybody that has watched our program understands that we're playing harder and more cohesive than we have in quite some time. Our slogan this year is to develop and finish.

TxFrog1999

Coach is treating his opening comments like a State of the Union address. Now going into vertical jump and weight room numbers.