• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Media Days: Day 2 (WVU, Texas, Baylor, KSU & OSU) - LIVE BLOG

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
"You talk about a job fair, but what about players marketing their name and likeness?"

We're doing a lot of things for the student athletes, we've shortened time commitments, and I'm all for anything we can do to benefit student athletes that fits within the college model.

TxFrog1999

- Sounds like issues with Buchele last year was a lack of leadership, coach told him he isn't third chair violinist but the conductor of the orchestra. And Ellinger's issues dates back to a broken wrist in HS. Sounds like the QB situation at Texas has improved over the spring.

TxFrog1999

"How many elite players do you have on this roster that can make a difference?"

-- LONG PAUSE

Some.

You put me on the spot, I don't think it's fair given the time I have to make that assessment.

Eight

"How many elite players do you have on this roster that can make a difference?"

-- LONG PAUSE

Some.

You put me on the spot, I don't think it's fair given the time I have to make that assessment.

you would think someone who is as smart as him with as many returning players and a "historic recruiting class" could provide a better answer....unless he doesn't want to throw out a quote that will be the verbal equivalent of his locker destruction gif for texas fans

thuz82y1flcokrrtauk1.gif

TxFrog1999

Baylor - Matt Rhule

Opening statement... my first year in the league has been a great experience (talking about dealings with the league office). Thanking the commissioner and now Lincoln Riley for having a great team and representing the league in the CFP.

TxFrog1999

I'm really proud of our players, please come to Waco and see our program, we are running off the field as fine of a program there is in the nation.

TxFrog1999

I know we're trying to move away and learn from the past and part of that is being proud of what you're doing in the present.

TxFrog1999

Right now we're at at point where we need to learn how to win. Our challenge is not to worry about anybody else but work on ourselves.

TxFrog1999

Questions...

"With a talented recruiting class do you think you'll take advantage of the red shirt change?"

I want to thank GMFP for pushing that change, and yes I think we could use this to pick the right four games to get those guys experience.

TxFrog1999

Our team has made a huge jump since last year, "youthful experience", we have a bunch of 17, 18 & 19 year olds. They can't go and buy a beer after the game.