• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Media Days: Day 2 (WVU, Texas, Baylor, KSU & OSU) - LIVE BLOG

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Unfair clock tactics... if the ref deems unfair tactics the penalty will be enforced and the clock will go back to what it was before the initial play began.

TxFrog1999

Loose ball out of bounds... a ball not in player possession... possession has been changed to control due to a play in the NC game last year.

Eight

if the new head of officials for the big 12 is starting off with how uniform violations are a point of emphasis the one thing we can be assured about is the officiating [ Finebaum ]show from the past few years is going to continue

only thing i care about is consistency in calling the freaking games and for the love of god if you are going to have replay use it quickly and get the damn replays right.

none of this other crap matters, knee pads are freaking worthless and i don't care about bare knees or exposed stomachs. i care if each week we get a different interpretation of holding, pass interference, and blocking down field

the only "bad look' to me is 3 officials staring at a monitor for 5 minutes and still screwing up the call.

seriously his part of media day should have been less than a minute.

"we sucked the past few years, we have to do better, we will do better, i get paid to make sure of that"

Wexahu

if the new head of officials for the big 12 is starting off with how uniform violations are a point of emphasis the one thing we can be assured about is the officiating [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]show from the past few years is going to continue

only thing i care about is consistency in calling the freaking games and for the love of god if you are going to have replay use it quickly and get the damn replays right.

none of this other crap matters, knee pads are freaking worthless and i don't care about bare knees or exposed stomachs. i care if each week we get a different interpretation of holding, pass interference, and blocking down field

the only "bad look' to me is 3 officials staring at a monitor for 5 minutes and still screwing up the call.

seriously his part of media day should have been less than a minute.

"we sucked the past few years, we have to do better, we will do better, i get paid to make sure of that"

I'm pretty sure every conference complains about their officiating. And they always will. I will agree with you that replays take too long but they usually get them right IMO.

But making sure kids wear a uniform properly so they don't look like idiots has nothing to do with missing calls or anything else.

Eight

I'm pretty sure every conference complains about their officiating. And they always will. I will agree with you that replays take too long but they usually get them right IMO.

But making sure kids wear a uniform properly so they don't look like idiots has nothing to do with missing calls or anything else.

you thinking they look like idiots doesn't make it so and as far as i know you thoughts on athletic fashion has yet to decide the outcome of the football game. in all honesty i just don't give a [ Finebaum ] if every player on tcu's roster rolls their freaking pant legs up.

the same can not be said with the efforts of big 12 officials and when the first thing discussed by the head of officials is about cosmetics and not getting the calls right that dictate games it is the wrong message, but then again i don't care about midriffs and no knee pads so i guess i am just screwed up in what i find important about how the games are played

Wexahu

you thinking they look like idiots doesn't make it so and as far as i know you thoughts on athletic fashion has yet to decide the outcome of the football game. in all honesty i just don't give a [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] if every player on tcu's roster rolls their freaking pant legs up.

the same can not be said with the efforts of big 12 officials and when the first thing discussed by the head of officials is about cosmetics and not getting the calls right that dictate games it is the wrong message, but then again i don't care about midriffs and no knee pads so i guess i am just screwed up in what i find important about how the games are played

I care about how games are played and officiated too. I just know that nobody ever says, "man, we have the best officials in the game, they do a great job." Call it personal preference on the dress code thing, but that stuff has nothing to do with whether holding or pass interference is called correctly.

Relative to how games are called in other conferences and leagues, I think the Big 12 officials are fine. But I'm not usually one to get all worked up about refs and bad calls.

TxFrog1999

Instant Replay 10 second runoff - less than one min in either half and a replay review results in the on field ruling being reversed and the correct call would have not stopped the clock then the clock is put back to where the player was down and a 10 second runoff will be assessed (but the clock will be stopped).
Okay, further explanation on this rule change.

Situation - 4th quarter 17 seconds left, QB rolling out and as he's being tackled he gets the ball off and it's incomplete. On replay his knee was down before releasing the ball. The clock should not have stopped and it is reversed as a sack. Since the clock did stop (incomplete) the clock will be reset to the time his knee was down then a 10 second run off will occur. They explained it as 10 seconds is the average amount of time a team would take to reset. He did not mention if a time out could be used to save the runoff, but given how other run off rules work I think that is the case.

TxFrog1999

West Virginia - Dana Holgorsen

Happy to see Tavon Austin, glad he's excited to be a Cowboy and he sees why that's the case given the facilities.

TxFrog1999

24/7 - "With all your offenses weapons how are you handling the hype?"

We had a decent year last year, have some great guys coming back, but our guys think they can do better. Handling expectations, you want expectations, there is always pressure either to live up to or to create.