• The KillerFrogs

You Make The Call

Frog-in-law1995

Pretty sure it’s C, since after the turnover the player was tackled in the end zone, meaning the succeeding spot (which would be the basic spot here) would be the 20 and the foul occurred behind it. So, half the distance from the 6. But the 3-in-1 rule is the most confusing thing in the rule book to me, so I may be WAY off on this one.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Pretty sure it’s C, since after the turnover the player was tackled in the end zone, meaning the succeeding spot (which would be the basic spot here) would be the 20 and the foul occurred behind it. So, half the distance from the 6. But the 3-in-1 rule is the most confusing thing in the rule book to me, so I may be WAY off on this one.
It has to be C. Clipping results in a 15 yard penalty, assessed from the spot of the foul (I think) and since it took place after the possession change, Team B gets the ball at half the distance from the spot of the foul.

I had to think way to much on this one. I have much more respect for referees now. Except Obama Ref. scheiss that guy.

Frog-in-law1995

It has to be C. Clipping results in a 15 yard penalty, assessed from the spot of the foul (I think) and since it took place after the possession change, Team B gets the ball at half the distance from the spot of the foul.

I had to think way to much on this one. I have much more respect for referees now. Except Obama Ref. scheiss that guy.

But if he’s tackled on the 2 after coming out of the end zone, the succeeding spot is the 2, and if the foul occurs past that, the basic spot is the 2 (succeeding spot) instead of the spot of the foul. So then it would be B’s ball on the 1. And if the foul in Zebra’s scenario had occurred in the end zone, it’s a safety. Rules are confusing.

And yeah, scheiss Obama ref.

Last edited:

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
What about "Roid Ref"?
mike-defee-f0008eda-df64-4eb5-8fef-990e91c2f95b.jpg

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
But if he’s tackled on the 2 after coming out of the end zone, the succeeding spot is the 2, and if the foul occurs past that, the basic spot is the 2 (succeeding spot) instead of the spot of the foul. So then it would be B’s ball on the 1. And if the foul occurred in the end zone, it’s a safety. Rules are confusing.

And yeah, scheiss Obama ref.
My head hurts now. I thought I had it figured out.

yurintroubl

Question No. 4 (A "stumper")
Third and goal at the B-3. A10 takes the direct snap, fumbles at the B-2 and the ball rolls into the end zone. B51 recovers in the end zone. He attempts to run the ball out but is tackled in the end zone, the ball never coming into the field of play. During B51’s run B83 clips at the B-6.

ANSWER:
a. The ball is dead when B51 recovers in the end zone.
b. The clipping penalty results in a safety.
c. First and 10 for Team B at the B-3.
d. First and 10 for Team B at the B-10.

A & D??

Ball is dead in the end zone resulting in a touchback. Penalty is enforced after the dead ball spot.

ETA:

After further thought - Clipping is a spot foul in NCAA? That makes it C...

froginmn

I'm going with D since the ball never entered the field of play after the turnover. For some reason I'm guessing it removes the spot foul aspect and causes the penalty to be assessed from the subsequent line of scrimmage.

Edit: and this is a unique situation because a safety obviously wouldn't be assessed.

Question No. 4 (A "stumper")
Third and goal at the B-3. A10 takes the direct snap, fumbles at the B-2 and the ball rolls into the end zone. B51 recovers in the end zone. He attempts to run the ball out but is tackled in the end zone, the ball never coming into the field of play. During B51’s run B83 clips at the B-6.

RESULT:
a. The ball is dead when B51 recovers in the end zone.
b. The clipping penalty results in a safety.
c. First and 10 for Team B at the B-3.
d. First and 10 for Team B at the B-10.

ANSWER: C
The play results in a touchback as Team A is responsible for the ball being in the end zone. The basic spot is thus the B-20 and the foul is behind the basic spot.

Question No. 5
Fourth and 2 at the B-32 late in the second quarter. A12 in the shotgun formation takes the snap and runs off-tackle to his right. At the B-29 he is hit and fumbles. Back A42 recovers the ball at the B-34, carries for a few yards and is driven out of bounds at the B-25. The game clock reads 2:35.

RESULT:
a. First and 10 for Team B at the B-34.
b. First and 10 for Team A at the B-29.
c. First and 10 for Team A at the B-25.
d. The game clock starts on the ready-for-play.
e. None of the above.

Frog-in-law1995

Question No. 5
Fourth and 2 at the B-32 late in the second quarter. A12 in the shotgun formation takes the snap and runs off-tackle to his right. At the B-29 he is hit and fumbles. Back A42 recovers the ball at the B-34, carries for a few yards and is driven out of bounds at the B-25. The game clock reads 2:35.

RESULT:
a. First and 10 for Team B at the B-34.
b. First and 10 for Team A at the B-29.
c. First and 10 for Team A at the B-25.
d. The game clock starts on the ready-for-play.
e. None of the above.

A

4 Oaks Frog

Not that hard to judge. And, remember, if it's close, err on the side of safety. Always. This is something you don't try and nitpick on. If it's close, call it.
BUT, don't forget that if it is the between the tackles, in the backfield, this is not a foul. Say it happens to the QB, and he gets hurt. Fans will yell and scream, but it would be a legal play.
Outside of Baylor Tears, I feel this is one of the best threads on KFC in years. Thanks Zebra Frog!!
GO FROGS!
BEAT tosu!
Spit Blood~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!