• The KillerFrogs

You Make The Call

Deep Purple

il_340x270.1300824955_bjl5.jpg

Raw Frog

If the defender was able to pull the runner up straight, even though he kept running down the field, I will say it is a horse collar penalty. If the runner was never pulled back, I will say no penalty even if the defender had a hand on the pads the whole time.

netty2424

Question No. 2
As ball carrier A20 races downfield near the sideline, defender B56 grabs him from behind by the back of the jersey at the collar or by the collar of his shoulder pad. B56 continues with this contact for several yards but A20 does not go to the ground until tackled by another defender.
RULING:
a. Legal Play
b. B56 is penalized for a "horse collar" foul.
Legal. "Tackled by another defender"

yurintroubl

Legal.

You can grab a ball carrier by anything but the facemask to slow him down.

Now... is there any way this could be a trick question and the ball carrier is tackled high/low somehow?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
As of 2017-

All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of the shoulder pads or jersey, the area, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling the ball carrier down. This does not apply to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box.

Couldn’t wait, we gotta get this drive over before Christmas...

BigPurple87

As of 2017-
As of 2017-

All players are prohibited from grabbing the inside back collar of the shoulder pads or jersey, the area, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling the ball carrier down. This does not apply to a ball carrier, including a potential passer, who is inside the tackle box.

You didn't really answer it, I'll clarify that it is not a penalty if he is not tackled

Question No. 2
As ball carrier A20 races downfield near the sideline, defender B56 grabs him from behind by the back of the jersey at the collar or by the collar of his shoulder pad. B56 continues with this contact for several yards but A20 does not go to the ground until tackled by another defender.
RULING:
a. Legal Play
b. B56 is penalized for a "horse collar" foul.
This is a LEGAl play.
B56 did not foul because he did not “immediately” pull A20 down.

froginmn

Love the thread, zebra! Thanks for doing it.

I am a rules hound in baseball and softball and have done a similar Q&A on a local traveling baseball website.