• The KillerFrogs

Trevone Boykin arrested again...

talor

before all you moralizing hypocrites chime in, please describe the last time u smoked weed or drank some beer.
weed is legal in WA. like candy. this is as per usual, criminalizing human adult behavior
giphy.gif

ScottPatrick

Alot of overreaction here with the "He'll never play a down again" gimme a break. He wasn't the driver, PI seems pretty minor and its weed. Pro players have gotten off with way more than that

Check with Daryl Washington about getting away with smoking weed.

TB will definitely be put on regular testing because of this event.

Tcupurplefaith

Check with Daryl Washington about getting away with smoking weed.

TB will definitely be put on regular testing because of this event.

Washington failed multple tests (not to mention domestic abuse), it might not even be boykin's weed. I'm sure he'll be tested but until he does why even lump him in the same category

Casey T

This "terrible judgment" so many of you are mentioning... Was it the fact that he drank some booze in the offseason? Or the fact that he didn't drive after drinking this booze?

Goodness, for all we know he went to a bar and had some beer and got an uber home, and the uber driver crashed and the driver already had pot in the car.

I'm sure that isn't exactly what happened, but I'd bet what did happen was he went out drinking in the offseason (fine by me) and got a ride with a friend (also fine by me) and that friend had weed in the car he may not have known about, and then crashed and Boykin was arrested just because he was part of the accident.

The story is newsworthy. Not starting off with Seahawks backup QB, but instead starting off with "Former TCU starting QB", not even mentioning Seattle Seahawks is annoying.

Again the difference of being in DFW and not in a company town and a large public university. If you did not know whom this athlete was you possibly would think he just left TCU or just got kicked out of TCU.

Attachments

• IMG9510411.png
    IMG9510411.png
    717.5 KB · Views: 13

frog-hat

This "terrible judgment" so many of you are mentioning... Was it the fact that he drank some booze in the offseason? Or the fact that he didn't drive after drinking this booze?

Goodness, for all we know he went to a bar and had some beer and got an uber home, and the uber driver crashed and the driver already had pot in the car.

I'm sure that isn't exactly what happened, but I'd bet what did happen was he went out drinking in the offseason (fine by me) and got a ride with a friend (also fine by me) and that friend had weed in the car he may not have known about, and then crashed and Boykin was arrested just because he was part of the accident.

He's in position to have a million dollars in his bank account at age 25 even if nothing else goes right........as long as nothing goes wrong. So yes I think it's "terrible judgment" to go out partying (even if it's all legal) with friends late at night in your old hometown area.

Now if I was in that situation at that age, would I have gone out partying with friends. Most probably. But it's still stupid.

Last edited:

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
from MySA.com:

After the crash, Boykin allegedly fled the scene, but police found his Texas ID card and his debit card in the car while they investigated the accident.

Bailey allegedly called Boykin and told him to come back to the scene. While police were investigating the crash and interviewing the driver, Boykin returned and spoke with police.
Police say his eyes were bloodshot, he was swaying and became argumentative with officers. He was then arrested for public intoxication, a Class C misdemeanor. Bailey was booked on two charges of intoxication assault with a vehicle, a third-degree felony.

When police conducted a routine inventory of the vehicle, they found a Gucci bag with men's clothes inside, as well as a sealed bag with 7 grams of marijuana inside. Boykin told police the bag was his, and police charged him with possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces, a Class B misdemeanor.

TCURiggs

HSO - I bet he's released by the end of the month

If so, I know a good spot for him to land just a little East of Fort Worth. Maybe he could come in and take Kellen Moore's backup job in Dallas... another TCU win over Boise. Tre would fit right in with Jerry and the gang, as they're so good at working with troubled players.