• The KillerFrogs

Trevone Boykin arrested again...

f_399

So a girl runs into 4 or 5 people on a sidewalk and crashes into a bar injuring another person and the headline and picture is her passenger gets arrested. They don't even mention the driver's name as if she needs to be protected for some reason.

Are you even surprised?

The passenger is an NFL QB and a former star of a "Dallas area" university.

Of course his name will be all over the headlines.

Atomic Frawg

It's real easy to arrested for PI, because it is an opinion-based offense. Proving it in court is a whole different animal, and they get tossed more often than even doing a deferred probation. In situations I have handled, and there have been many, where a passenger gets arrested for PI it has been because the driver got arrested, and the police didn't want the passenger to drive away in the vehicle. I can't recall ever having a PI case that wasn't dismissed.

The drug that was found, if not on his person, but in the car in general, can also be defeated. Possession requires actual care, custody, and control. If not on your person there must be sufficient links to indicate care, custody, and control. For those who want a concise primmer on what it takes, I recommend reading a case called Allen v State. It is a Texas case, and it is the current law. Often police will arrest the nearest person to the drugs, but proximity just won't do it, especially if you are in someone else's car.

Right now, I'm withholding judgment. I've seen too many situations like this that have amounted to diddly. (regarding Boykin) The driver is likely looking at intox assault charges or agg assault with a deadly weapon charges.

J

jolson62

A lot of people are assuming that the NFL got a conscience over night. He won't get cut because of this.

AroundWorldFrog

Boykin has a physical problem that he needs to get fixed ASAP.

i-sJBVPvF.jpg

Unbreakable

What if he was taking an Uber home and the Uber crashed into another car? Can you get charged with PI there? Obviously different situation and I'm sure there's more to this story, but seems odd to charge him with PI for being a passenger.

DickBumpastache

It's real easy to arrested for PI, because it is an opinion-based offense. Proving it in court is a whole different animal, and they get tossed more often than even doing a deferred probation. In situations I have handled, and there have been many, where a passenger gets arrested for PI it has been because the driver got arrested, and the police didn't want the passenger to drive away in the vehicle. I can't recall ever having a PI case that wasn't dismissed.

The drug that was found, if not on his person, but in the car in general, can also be defeated. Possession requires actual care, custody, and control. If not on your person there must be sufficient links to indicate care, custody, and control. For those who want a concise primmer on what it takes, I recommend reading a case called Allen v State. It is a Texas case, and it is the current law. Often police will arrest the nearest person to the drugs, but proximity just won't do it, especially if you are in someone else's car.

Right now, I'm withholding judgment. I've seen too many situations like this that have amounted to diddly. (regarding Boykin) The driver is likely looking at intox assault charges or agg assault with a deadly weapon charges.

Story I read on TMZ said he is being charged with possession of >2 Oz of pot. If that's true then the PI is the least of his troubles

Wexahu

Trevone is a nice guy that people tend to like. He's also not real smart and probably WAY more into the street life than most any of us would like to believe. Like has been said, he's a fringe NFL player who probably ended his career this weekend. Now who knows what he'll end up doing but the days of making $400-500k/year are probably over for the rest of his life. Someday that will hit home with him. You can't fix stupid.

berryfrog95

when you're a passenger of a car that crashed into a bar, you throw everything you have in your pocket as far as you can ....seems amazing you could be caught with possession if the story is true

Last edited:

XIIFrog

Trevone is a nice guy that people tend to like. He's also not real smart and probably WAY more into the street life than most any of us would like to believe. Like has been said, he's a fringe NFL player who probably ended his career this weekend. Now who knows what he'll end up doing but the days of making $400-500k/year are probably over for the rest of his life. Someday that will hit home with him. You can't fix stupid.

I bet he'll end up playing in Canada and making 6 figures. He has too much talent to end up working at Enterprise.