• The KillerFrogs

Trevone Boykin arrested again...

f_399

Whoever was driving is in a whole lot of trouble.

She(?) hit multiple people and I am not sure how the law applies to Boykin being the passenger involved in all that.

ifrog

The car Boykin was in struck 4 people on the sidewalk and also struck a bartender inside the location as the vehicle barreled through the front wall.

SMH

TRF51

I have a feeling he will be released sometime this week or next. I hope not, but he was a fringe player and there are a ton of back up QBs on the market right now, some of them have the same skill sets Russel has.

What a massive embarrassment this kid is to TCU. He selfishly hurts the school that gave him his chance by potentially leaving them high and dry before a huge bowl game (thankfully Bram bails us out) and then somehow manages to luck into the perfect storm of a situation in the NFL where the stars align for him to be an undrafted, free agent backup..... and still pisses it away again.

I can only imagine how much this self-destructive attitude and behavior has hurt his teams and himself in other situations we never even heard about.

TRF51

What a massive embarrassment this kid is to TCU. He selfishly hurts the school that gave him his chance by potentially leaving them high and dry before a huge bowl game (thankfully Bram bails us out) and then somehow manages to luck into the perfect storm of a situation in the NFL where the stars align for him to be an undrafted, free agent backup..... and still pisses it away again.

I can only imagine how much this self-destructive attitude and behavior has hurt his teams and himself in other situations we never even heard about.

From everything I have ever heard he was a great teammate. I am thankful he played for us and gave us some wonderful memories. That said, I agree 100% with everything else you said. His behavior in this situation is very troubling, he knew he was on a short leash.

DaCrief

Dear lord...

Gary likes guys with an "edge" and believes that he can "coach these kids up" and "grow them up" while at TCU.

He is right approximately 98% of the time.

2% of the kids never grow up, entirely because they refuse to make the right decisions.

ifrog

Gary likes guys with an "edge" and believes that he can "coach these kids up" and "grow them up" while at TCU.

He is right approximately 98% of the time.

2% of the kids never grow up, entirely because they refuse to make the right decisions.

This is the case everywhere except for Baylor where they get it wrong 98% of the time.

mc1502

More than anything I am saddened by the realization that San Antonio was likely not the exception I had hoped it was. The public image that had been panted of TB prior to the Alamo Bowl appears to have been a farse, and that makes me extremely sad.

f_399

False. There are MANY college programs and coaches who have moved on from recruiting guys with an "edge" and heavily use character in their vetting process.
Sad but it's usually the guys with an "edge" that have massive talent.

If Baylor didn't let go of Briles, they would have had a very good team for years to come. Be it a lot of questionable characters but they could sure play on the field.

berryfrog95

Following his instagram over time the Cat seems to take on an interesting crew of homeboys/girls ......always on the brink so to speak

Last edited: