• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs UT, ESPN+

Pharm Frog

I don't buy that the best player isn't an option right there. That last play was totally up to Dixon on who had the ball. We can all agree that Bane is often too passive but with 6 seconds left then I'd rather him have the ball instead of someone who struggles to dribble in the open floor. RJ was hot at the end in the halfcourt offense but having him dribble 75 feet to the basket seems very low percentage.

At some point we’ve just got to figure that DB doesn’t have the makeup to demand the ball and take charge. We saw this last year when it seemed like JD Miller was the end of game go-to-guy and this year it seems to be RJ. I agree with you that I’d rather have the ball in DB’s hands in that situation but I have no confidence that DB wants the ball is his hands.

Dogfrog

After being down by 10 in the 2nd and having the ball with 6 seconds and down by 1....I think what CJD decided was right. Had the best chance to win and walked instead.

It worked to perfection except RJ should have not been given the option to drive with multiple defenders between him and the basket. Pull up, shoot, hope for a foul. Under no circumstances drive in traffic.

Francis Xav

This one is 100% on Jamie. I hope he admits it.

Not gonna win many Big 12 games where RJ leads the team in minutes and FGA. Also, not gonna win many with Ed on the floor 27 mins.

Maybe Eight won't accuse me of being a sunshine pumper again.
I agree. I dont mind rj w the ball he can make plays..but .... idk.

It happens. We are still above water and 4-3 ultimately.

Conference is full of parity.,we smoke tech, tech smokes WVU, wvu smoked us, we smoke oklahoma state, isu does ok today..considering where our expectations were this year I am fine. Today we should have won though. Goddddd, texas hit some prayers

Double D

Tier 1
TCU worst losses under Jamie Dixon:

2017 @ #82 Auburn 88-80
2018 @ #91 Vanderbilt 81-78
2019 @ #83 Ok State 68-61
2020 N vs #82 Clemson 62-60 (OT)
2020 H vs #70 Texas 62-61

CountryFrog

I would guess his major value is rebounding or a tip in like he did against KSU.
But in 6 seconds and having to go the length of the floor there isn't going to be time for a second shot. If your inbounding in the front court then I'd agree with that. Not to mention on that play he's setting a screen 25 feet from the basket so there's no way he'd be able to get in position for a tip in from there with so little time.

ftwfrog

I just like being contrary.
Also, I pay a lot for television as it is. Not going to be nickled and dimed even more.
I’m with ya. I pay $100-$150 for tv with basic directv & Netflix.
If I paid for everything I’d like to have...Espn+, HBO, Disney+, Hulu, MLB extra innings, I’d be $200+ a month. Got to draw the line somewhere. When football rolls around and we are on ESPN*+, I’ll pay.

Skip Jansen

I agree. I dont mind rj w the ball he can make plays..but .... idk.

It happens. We are still above water and 4-3 ultimately.

Conference is full of parity.,we smoke tech, tech smokes WVU, wvu smoked us, we smoke oklahoma state, isu does ok today..considering where our expectations were this year I am fine. Today we should have won though. Goddddd, texas hit some prayers

The problem with putting the ball in RJ's hands is- he can only go to his right. Makes it easy to defend on the help side.

TRF51

I have little confidence we beat Baylor, KU, WVU. I am happy we beat Tech but I think the will beat us by 25 when we play them there. I hope we split with UT and OU and sweep ISU, KSU, and OSU. If that happens we are probably in.

Flip Frog

At some point we’ve just got to figure that DB doesn’t have the makeup to demand the ball and take charge. We saw this last year when it seemed like JD Miller was the end of game go-to-guy and this year it seems to be RJ. I agree with you that I’d rather have the ball in DB’s hands in that situation but I have no confidence that DB wants the ball is his hands.
This is where a good coach sees that and calls a timeout to remind his players to get Desmon the damn ball. Oh and also tells Dennis to stop shooting the damn ball.

Pharm Frog

I have little confidence we beat Baylor, KU, WVU. I am happy we beat Tech but I think the will beat us by 25 when we play them there. I hope we split with UT and OU and sweep ISU, KSU, and OSU. If that happens we are probably in.

I’d be very very surprised if we split with OU and UT and swept those others. Feel better about stealing a game that we probably shouldn’t then doing that.

CountryFrog

Again I just don't buy that IN THAT SITUATION. If they draw up the play for Bane then he'll get the ball in his hands. It's not like they were in the halfcourt with 20 seconds left and he was just standing in the corner on the weak side. That play had nothing to do with his lack of aggression.

Draw the play up for him and see what happens. What's he going to do, say "no coach, I don't want the ball."

Pharm Frog

This is where a good coach sees that and calls a timeout to remind his players to get Desmon the damn ball. Oh and also tells Dennis to stop shooting the damn ball.

And what if Desmond isn’t getting open in any threat position? It’s not like he’s a creative beast at getting his shot.

Flip Frog

And what if Desmond isn’t getting open in any threat position? It’s not like he’s a creative beast at getting his shot.
Then you keep trying. The other option is what happened tonight. Besides Samuel, what’s your other choice? Walking turnover RJ or I’m about to brick it Dennis?

Pharm Frog

Then you keep trying. The other option is what happened tonight. Besides Samuel, what’s your other choice? Walking turnover RJ or I’m about to brick it Dennis?

I don’t disagree one bit that it would be far preferable to get Bane more shots. What happened tonight is the Frogs got outshot from the floor, gave up 50% shooting from 3, got out-rebounded by a small number IIRC, and UT had more assists as well. And lost by one when we had the last possession opportunity to win. I sometimes think we don’t give opposing D enough credit for shutting down Bane as a primary option. But to your point....unless someone else gets hot, there’s not many other options that I see.