• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs UT, ESPN+

MTfrog5

This team is hard to watch, it just feels like 5 guys who got together at a playground to play pickup ball. I don't see a lot of teamwork or cohesion out there, its like they've never played with each other before.

As bad as the teams under Trent Johnson were, at least you could tell they were trying and had a chip on their shoulder, its just that those players weren't very good. But they had a lot of heart and guts. Kyan Anderson gave it his all every game and we dont have a player like him this year. I was hoping Bane would be more like him, when Kyan would take over games by himself. Bane needs to be shooting more than he does. His usage is only 21.5%, this number needs to be in the 30s.

8 years into being a Big 12 team now and in Year 4 under Dixon, I expected more progress overall from a program standpoint. The facilities are there, the crowds are bigger, but the team seems to be regressing. Our current RPI/Net/KenPom rating is currently worse than it was in our 2015 season when we played in a high school gym.
Anderson made some terrible teams average/bad. Would love to have a guy like him

4th. down

This team is hard to watch, it just feels like 5 guys who got together at a playground to play pickup ball. I don't see a lot of teamwork or cohesion out there, its like they've never played with each other before.

As bad as the teams under Trent Johnson were, at least you could tell they were trying and had a chip on their shoulder, its just that those players weren't very good. But they had a lot of heart and guts. Kyan Anderson gave it his all every game and we dont have a player like him this year. I was hoping Bane would be more like him, when Kyan would take over games by himself. Bane needs to be shooting more than he does. His usage is only 21.5%, this number needs to be in the 30s.

8 years into being a Big 12 team now and in Year 4 under Dixon, I expected more progress overall from a program standpoint. The facilities are there, the crowds are bigger, but the team seems to be regressing. Our current RPI/Net/KenPom rating is currently worse than it was in our 2015 season when we played in a high school gym.

Now, can we get conf. competitive next year? Not referring to Kansas but look at TT and Baylor, 2 dumpsters IMO, and our program is under TT (sure we beat them but overall) and Baylor, they are going to curb stomp us, twice. If we cannot get up for Texas and a home game, something is amiss here, again.

What you've said is legit IMO, however Dixon has had a run of bad luck and he has had to just throw this team together quick. If we don't make the dance next year, he has to be seriously evaluated by Donati. Whether he would replace Dixon is probably doubtful. Personally, and I'm not being a "downer" here but realistically, with Bane gone, Samuel would be the only scorer.

Wexahu

The positive vibes that it's a program on the rise are gone, now it's going to real long, hard slog to get to where most everyone thought we were going a couple years ago.

The coach has kind of worn out his welcome with me (not that anyone cares what I think), I think he's got an arrogance about him that is off-putting (kind of like a Steve Alford in that respect) and I'm probably not alone in that thinking. And I can't stand watching his antics on the bench, he over-coaches like there's no tomorrow. Sit down on the damn bench and let your guys play basketball. Both things might have something to do with all the defections over the past couple years that have set the program way back. It's be one thing if we looked like a well-coached team, but way too often we don't at all.