• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs UT, ESPN+

Francis Xav

truth is one or two shots fall and a few of Texas's prayers aren't answered and we are having a discussion about a win. JD def messed up that last play, but RJ has shown the ability. Sometimes youre just wrong. We need another big win though. Tech was great. Lets get someone else.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
WTH with Bane? Not just our best player but one of the best in the league sits almost the entire second half of the first half with two fouls. Ends up taking just eight shots, we don't know how or try to get the ball to him and get him good looks. Too many games this year where he has little impact. Come on coach.

TRF51

CJD said he wrote defending three pointers on the chalkboard before the game and rebounding.

Said things like that just haven't kicked in with the squad and they should be kicking in thos late in the season.

He didn't say this but Fuller's missed dunk was huge. Also Farabello got fouled on his shot late in the game.

Has Fuller ever made a dunk at TCU, I think he has missed everyone he has tried, some have been amazing misses but I will take the two every time.

tcudoc

tenor.gif

Skip Jansen

CJD said he wrote defending three pointers on the chalkboard before the game and rebounding.

Said things like that just haven't kicked in with the squad and they should be kicking in thos late in the season.

He didn't say this but Fuller's missed dunk was huge. Also Farabello got fouled on his shot late in the game.

If one of your objectives is to defend the 3 point line, you don't 'Over Help' like the Frogs did last night.

Froggish

Bane is very Reagoresque. Very clearly the best player on the floor who disappears for long stretches and I’m not sure how much we will miss him next year. Not because of his ability but because we aren’t getting what we need out of him..

PO Frog

I know he could probably be more assertive by forcing shots, but I have focused on watching him for two straight games and he works awfully hard to try and get open. He needs some help so the defense can’t neutralize him so easily without having to pay for it.

netty2424

Bane is very Reagoresque. Very clearly the best player on the floor who disappears for long stretches and I’m not sure how much we will miss him next year. Not because of his ability but because we aren’t getting what we need out of him..
Tough comparison. Bane can go get the ball whenever he chooses. Reagor has to be fed.

Skip Jansen

Okay...who would be our extra threat to drag the big away? I could see Bello and perhaps Grayer and RJ by sheer volume, but who else? And what would this do to us on the D side when we’d have nobody to rim protect?

You could still keep Kev or Ledee in the game.

If the opposing big chooses not to go out and defend, then you put Kev/Ledee in ball screen action.

-If the big doesn't come out then there is no one there to hedge.
-If the ball defender goes under the screen, you have an open shot.
-If the big comes late to help, you've got Des on the weak side post.
- If the ball defender cheats and jumps over the top, you refuse the screen. Des is still in the post.

Last edited:

RoyaltyWorePurple

As I said on another thread...poor defense to end the 1st half (which Jamie was clearly pissed at) and some prayers answered for Texas were the real difference makers for me.
The second foul on Bane was pretty cheap, and certainly changed the dynamic. I thought the refs would disappear during stretches, then remember they had whistles and call EVERYTHING. The NCAA emphasis on carrying and traveling is certainly apparent from the games I have watched.

I really don't know what to think of this team at this point. You truly have no idea what or who is going to show up.

EDIT: Also....Sims looks like the most UNINTERESTED player on the floor in recent memory. His expression does not change.

Skip Jansen

As I said on another thread...poor defense to end the 1st half (which Jamie was clearly pissed at) and some prayers answered for Texas were the real difference makers for me.
The second foul on Bane was pretty cheap, and certainly changed the dynamic. I thought the refs would disappear during stretches, then remember they had whistles and call EVERYTHING. The NCAA emphasis on carrying and traveling is certainly apparent from the games I have watched.

I really don't know what to think of this team at this point. You truly have no idea what or who is going to show up.

EDIT: Also....Sims looks like the most UNINTERESTED player on the floor in recent memory. His expression does not change.

This UT team has been reeling and hadn't played with much enthusiasm in several weeks. An early punch to the gut would have put them on the canvas. The Frogs either failed to sense this or didn't have a haymaker to throw. Either way, they lost a game they had no business losing.

helcap

This UT team has been reeling and hadn't played with much enthusiasm in several weeks. An early punch to the gut would have put them on the canvas. The Frogs either failed to sense this or didn't have a haymaker to throw. Either way, they lost a game they had no business losing.
Making your first five 3 pt attempts I would think might inject some energy and enthusiasm into a team

LVH

This team is hard to watch, it just feels like 5 guys who got together at a playground to play pickup ball. I don't see a lot of teamwork or cohesion out there, its like they've never played with each other before.

As bad as the teams under Trent Johnson were, at least you could tell they were trying and had a chip on their shoulder, its just that those players weren't very good. But they had a lot of heart and guts. Kyan Anderson gave it his all every game and we dont have a player like him this year. I was hoping Bane would be more like him, when Kyan would take over games by himself. Bane needs to be shooting more than he does. His usage is only 21.5%, this number needs to be in the 30s.

8 years into being a Big 12 team now and in Year 4 under Dixon, I expected more progress overall from a program standpoint. The facilities are there, the crowds are bigger, but the team seems to be regressing. Our current RPI/Net/KenPom rating is currently worse than it was in our 2015 season when we played in a high school gym.