• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

geno

PhormerPhrog said:
It was my minor. How many sides to a rectangle, smart guy? Going down Stadium you just run alongside one. Berry to University to Canty takes three sides and two additional intersections. Math.
Let me ask you to just figure the mileage from the fire station to any address on Boyd, first via Stadium, second down Berry to University, north to Cantey, west down to Boyd....and then tell me the second route is "triple" the mileage of the first. Triple means three times, even for a minor in mathematics. You still say "triple"?

TCUdirtbag

geno said:
Let me ask you to just figure the mileage from the fire station to any address on Boyd, first via Stadium, second down Berry to University, north to Cantey, west down to Boyd....and then tell me the second route is "triple" the mileage of the first. Triple means three times, even for a minor in mathematics. You still say "triple"?
1.4 to 1.9 Miles. Doesn't everyone know 1.4 x 3 = 1.9?

geno said:
I meant from Berry/Stadium. You on your period too?

Reptilian

Ron Swanson said:
I've never understood SMU/Baylor people making fun of the brick color on our buildings.  I like the color a lot, and would never think to make fun of it.  It's not extreme by any means... a perfectly pleasant/neutral color that seems quite suitable for buildings on a college campus.

Such a weird thing for them to focus on to give us crap about.
I think they are bitter because they xeroxed some other school's idea vs striking their own path. Campus looks fantastic. Baylor and SMU are more like "seen one, seen them all".

K-State campus was surprisingly kickasss with the limestone. Exterior only though.

10 Key Frog

PhormerPhrog said:

Imagine how bad it will be if they sod over Stadium.

Depends, it's possible it wouldn't affect that much as it would force traffic to be funneled certain ways. Currently I've seen it be a bit of free for all there after games. Everyone in basketball lot should be going toward Berry anyways to leave. Meanwhile anyone in alumni lot should probably be heading toward Canty for improved flow. Instead you have both groups going both ways.

Of course I put that more on the plan of traffic direction than anything.

Reptilian said:
I think they are bitter because they xeroxed some other school's idea vs striking their own path. Campus looks fantastic. Baylor and SMU are more like "seen one, seen them all".

K-State campus was surprisingly kickasss with the limestone. Exterior only though.
The green and yellow aspect of tcu's campus helps its overall appearance through much of the year, but when winter comes and the grass dies, there's just not enough contrast between the ground and buildings to create a pleasant viewing experience.

iconoclast said:
The green and yellow aspect of tcu's campus helps its overall appearance through much of the year, but when winter comes and the grass dies, there's just not enough contrast between the ground and buildings to create a pleasant viewing experience.
You and I have very different ideas of what to look at on a college campus. 

What a dork.

TCURiggs

iconoclast said:

The contrast between the grass and buildings just isn't fabulous enough for you?

fabulous-o.gif

ifrog

iconoclast said:
I think that you just outed yourself

TCUdirtbag

iconoclast said:
C'mon, kids. Are you trying to say you have really never noticed that most of the buildings on your campus are the color of dead grass?
Dead grass how I describe the attractiveness and personality of Baylor girls.

geno

PhormerPhrog said:
I meant from Berry/Stadium. You on your period too?
I guess so. I just had never noticed that the fire station was at the corner of Berry and Stadium. Oh, it isn't? But you said...

10 Key Frog

SnoSki said:

FrogBytes!!!!!
Ugh, main thing I remember about frog bytes is one semester where it seemed like every time I went in the MTVU on the tv was playing either Outkast "Hey Ya" or Polyphonic Spree's "Light & Day"

Portland Frog

Ron Swanson said:
I've never understood SMU/Baylor people making fun of the brick color on our buildings.  I like the color a lot, and would never think to make fun of it.  It's not extreme by any means... a perfectly pleasant/neutral color that seems quite suitable for buildings on a college campus.

Such a weird thing for them to focus on to give us crap about.
+1. I guess they have to rag on something.

Deep Purple

jewstfrogit said:
Rees-Jones Hall is an interdisciplinary academic building that will house Multi-use classrooms and the TCU Energy Institute.

The Energy Institute was an afterthought addition to Rees-Jones Hall.  The building was actually designed to house a much larger program called the Institute of Child Development, which will occupy half of the top floor.  (Energy Institute gets a corner on 2nd floor.)  The Rees-Joneses are huge benefactors of the ICD program, regularly supporting it with multi-million-dollar gifts.

Deep Purple

jewstfrogit said:
Closing Stadium would be awesome. It would cut down traffic and better unite main campus with worth hills and the athletics complex. Easier for students to get to/from athletics venues, etc.

On the flip side, University Drive is already highly congested.  Closing Stadium would divert even more traffic to University.  Hello gridlock.

Stadium Drive may be modified, but it's highly unlikely they'll ever completely close it.

Deep Purple

Ron Swanson said:
I've never understood SMU/Baylor people making fun of the brick color on our buildings.

Baylor folks suffer from the same delusion as SMU folks: "If we build in the same red brick as Harvard, we'll be like Harvard."

Just as ACME has patented our yellow brick as "TCU Buff," I think they should patent that red brick as "Harvard Wannabe."