• The KillerFrogs

TCU Band at Rose Bowl

AR1989

Yes, as another Ex-Bandsmen - I was proud to watch our Band.

Also know that Prof was busting with pride watching you from above. Thanks for all you do to bring pride and excitement to the games.

AEA

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
+whatever number we're on now.

I haven't talked to a single ex-bandsman that isn't proud of y'alls performance. I even mentioned it to a current drumline member I saw at the local Quiznos earlier this week as I was leaving. The arrangement of the anthem was outstanding and the fact that even on TV y'all were louder than the Wisconsin fans made me proud.

It was very fortuitous that the mikes on the TV broadcast were by the TCU Band. You could hear the Band Great! They did a great job. I wondered if the mikes were positioned by the TCU Band in order that the vulgarity of particularly the Wisconsin students did not get picked up for world wide broadcast.........

Another proud TCU Band alum!!!

ReedFrawg

It was very fortuitous that the mikes on the TV broadcast were by the TCU Band. You could hear the Band Great! They did a great job. I wondered if the mikes were positioned by the TCU Band in order that the vulgarity of particularly the Wisconsin students did not get picked up for world wide broadcast.........

Another proud TCU Band alum!!!

Honestly, other than when they were on the field at half or after the game, I couldn't hear them. We were in row 11 about 3 sections over and couldn't hear them...glad they sounded good on the tv!

West Texas Frog

Loved the pregame show by the TCU band in particular! The TCU band was everywhere on New Years Day! Marched in the Tournament of Roses Parade, which is a 3.5 mile march, and then showed up shortly afterwards at the Alumni Tailgate Party! Played throughout the game and really showed a ton of spirit! Great job!

asleep003

I hate to rain on the party, but you could hardly hear them at the game, but you sure could hear the Badger's band. Lets not be in denial, there is a lot to learn from the B10 when it comes to bands. They were 3-1 better than ours. Sorry to hurt anyone's feelings... But there uniforms(spats and all), formations, and 'energy' in comparison was astrnomically better and we should go up there and ask for tutorial help from them. The only thing we had that they didn't was the dolls, which I guess we use in lieu of a magnificent band like Wisconsin's. I'm not saying these things to be mean, but for the TCU to take the challenge... like we did in Football. It's time to lose the High school level performance... and I'm sure those at the game(that are not parents or band alums) know exactly what I'm talking about(including the band members). Strive for excellence > Go Frogs!

TubaFrog

I hate to rain on the party, but you could hardly hear them at the game, but you sure could hear the Badger's band. Lets not be in denial, there is a lot to learn from the B10 when it comes to bands. They were 3-1 better than ours. Sorry to hurt anyone's feelings... But there uniforms(spats and all), formations, and 'energy' in comparison was astrnomically better and we should go up there and ask for tutorial help from them. The only thing we had that they didn't was the dolls, which I guess we use in lieu of a magnificent band like Wisconsin's. I'm not saying these things to be mean, but for the TCU to take the challenge... like we did in Football. It's time to lose the High school level performance... and I'm sure those at the game(that are not parents or band alums) know exactly what I'm talking about(including the band members). Strive for excellence > Go Frogs!

Everyone should feel free to copy and paste the above into a Word doc and save it for later, in case you want to reread proof of someone being a complete idiot.

BleedNPurple

I thought the halftime show was awesome! The band looked as big as the UT band. When they spread out on the field in the rolling presentation the obliques and sharpness really made the 8-5 as crisp as a military style. It looked like a "show band" presentation done in one of the most disciplined presentations I've seen. I too was extremely proud off the band - you really represented Cowtown and TCU in tip top fashion!

KRaessler

And what credentials do you possess to make such profound observations? If you love the Big Ten style of marching, perhaps you should go to Big Ten games, and forget about TCU. The TCU Band is quite up to date in what they do...corps style marching...and they do it well. There is no reason for them to imitate the style of another college band just to please you. Many of us feel differently, and totally support the direction the TCU band has taken in recent years. Go TCU Band!!!!!

jnelson3401

The Wisky band was great, no doubt about it. That being said, the TCU band's enthusiasm and effort all week end was second to none! From the surprise appearance at the New Years Eve Party, to the Rose Bowl Parade, to the National Anthem, to the Half Time Show, they were outstanding. During the game, I thought TCU's band outplayed and out shown the Badger band, big time. The band was excited and supportive throughout the game, as were the Frog fans. Badger fans and band let their team down, I thought, when it came to enthusiasm at key moments in the game. No doubt about it, Frog fans and band ruled!

BIG DADDY

The reason that you couldnt hear our band is that they were aimed at the Wisky side andthe Wisky band was aimed at us. Mistletoad or whatever your name is if you want to be critical of the band that is fine but atleast do it like you have been somewhat educated. The TCU band is in the TOP 5 in the country for college marching bands and has been nominated for the highest award a college band can recieve this year. this is voted on by CBDNA(College Band Directors National Association). These are folks who know what they are talking about. Again if you want to be critical that is fine but atleast become educated about the subject matter first.

purpledawg

Mistletoad is a toad. Band sounded great and the National Anthem made me cry. Werefrog, was that a Curt Wilson arrangement?

PD-Proud former band member 83-87

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Can't say enough about the band! Well done, WereFrog, and to all your brethren and sistren.

The wife is an ex-TCU bandsman (bandsperson?) and wept openly SEVERAL times, bursting with pride.

At the Ultimate Tailgate, she said, "Those kids must be exhausted..." After the clock ticked to 0:00, I turned to her and said, "I have a feeling that those kids could run a marathon right now."

One request - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put an mp3 of "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" on the Band website, or make it available on a CD. I'm sure that there must be copyright issues, but it always makes my day to hear you guys play that.

Nick Danger

Since this is a "band thread", I'm going to make one final appeal to any of the Band head honchos that may be reading this to please consider adding "Swing March" (a Henry Mancini composition) to your football game play-list next year! It's perfect for football games because it's very up-tempo, similar to "March Grandioso" but without the stigma of being a "UT song". Actually very, very few colleges play it (Swing March) so it could become a signature TCU song, as opposed to the dog-earred Deep in the Heart of Texas!

Thanks for listening .
. . :cool:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
More adulation for the job the Band did at the Rose Bowl from yet another ex-Bandsman (Tuba- '82-'84). The arrangement of the National Anthem was superb!

I hope y'all got to party as hard as we did in the distant past!