• The KillerFrogs

TCU Band at Rose Bowl

Screaming Flea

Watched the Rose Parade and the playing of the National Anthem on www.band.tcu.edu today and I really think they set the tone for the day. They did themselves PROUD January 1st.

I've heard more compliments from friends about the playing of the National Anthem and how well done it was. One person brought to my attention how loud Wisconsin fans appeared to be at the first of the anthem until they stopped and listened, then they went totally quiet when they realized this wasn't an ordinary university marching band.

The jets flew over and the fire works went off and every one's heart beat rose with appreciation.

Well done band. Well done!

stell91

As a current TCU band member, thanks man I appreciate it!!

We were busy busy busy that whole week and I'm glad it all ended up being really worth it in the end!

Although being booked in the same hotel as EVERY Wisconsin fan who booked a trip through the school was quite an experience O.O

purplepreacher

I have never been prouder of our band, showgirls and twilers. they were all so classy. I got teary eyed during the parade when I saw our band and kids come marching bye. I told one old Frog as we left the stadium that if the Lord wants to take me now, I'm ready.

Screaming Flea

By the you band guys, you played before the largest tv audience in Rose Bowl parade history I'm told. I don't remember how many countries tuned in but it was more than I dreamed of.

Just about every network and many cable broadcast companies televised the parade.

Screaming Flea

If I could, I would put Gary and the seniors of a *flat bed trailer filled up hay bails waving to the crowd at the stock show parade. That would be fun and it puts a face and a name before many people who would never get a chance to see them in person. Put them right behind the band.

* maybe two trailers. Put the mayor on the trailer too!

researchfrog

Over the years, I have given the TCU band a lot of grief. The Rose Bowl performance was great. Maybe it was because I could not hear them very well at the Hulen Movie Tavern watch party, but the trumpets, for once in the life of the band, cut off when the rest of the band did. Fred Velez tried to force them to do that years ago, but it looks like the message finally sank in. Thanks band.

Horned Toad

We sure are. After the Rose Parade it'll be small potatoes.
Just remember, at the Rose Bowl parade you were marching for the TCU Horned Frogs. at the Stockshow parade you're representing the Rose Bowl Champion TCU Horned Frogs, no small potatoes there! I'll be the guy in purple waving from the crowd :laugh:

Coach Pattersons Dog

Do you still get to lead the parade? I hope so because that way you miss the fun of sliding on the manure. In high school we were always behind a lot of livestock. Fun. At TCU we always led the parade which put us ahead of the livestock. Not only did it save the clean up afterward but it smelled a lot better.

Frog DJ

The TCU band is relentless!

When other bands get tired and take a break our kids keep playing, keep chanting, keep supporting the team.

I'm always proud of them - but I've never been more proud than in Pasadena.

The TCU band is relentless!

Go Frogs!

TCU2002

Do you still get to lead the parade? I hope so because that way you miss the fun of sliding on the manure. In high school we were always behind a lot of livestock. Fun. At TCU we always led the parade which put us ahead of the livestock. Not only did it save the clean up afterward but it smelled a lot better.

I always assumed that this was a condition of the TCU band's participation. After four years marching the Houston Livestock Show Parade in high school (always near the end and behind lots of horses and livestock), I really appreciated the TCU band's position in the Fort Worth Stock Show Parade.

ShivasFrog

I just want to say how much I appreciate the effort the band put in while in LA. Those people were involved in virtually every part of the Rose Bowl week including New Years Day with the early wake up for the parade and all that went on before, during and after the game. They worked just as hard as the team and I commend them for a great showing for TCU.